Serpent Rogue is an action-adventure video game set against the backdrop of the medieval fantasy world, focusing mainly on crafting and alchemy. The game allows players to play the role of a mysterious alchemist who takes the initiative to save the world from the malevolent Serpent Rogue. However, a few players are able to play the game, and they are left out due to crashing and shuttering issues.
The same issue can cause great frustration for many players who really want to enjoy the exciting experience of confronting a terrifying serpent. There might be various causes for The Serpent Rogue crashing or not launching issues, such as corrupted game files, technical issues and more. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions to overcome your issues quickly and effectively. So, let’s have a look.
- Close unwanted background running apps
- Disable Antivirus program
- Install the latest game patch
- Check Network Connection
- Check System requirement
If any of the above strategies do not bother you, then you can go to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to resolve The Serpent Rogue crashing or not launching issue is running the game as admin access. To do so,
- Firstly, go to The Serpent Rogue installation folder, click on The Serpent Rogue.exe file, and choose the Properties from the sub-menu.
- On the next screen, select the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator open from the Settings section.
- Finally, click on OK, relaunch the game and check for improvement.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes simply updating your graphics driver might allow you to escape from The Serpent Rogue crashing or shuttering issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type “Device Manager” in the search box and open the top relevant window from the search.
- Then expand the option Display adapters and right-click on the Graphics driver.
- Now choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issues resolved in your case.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files Integrity
You may encounter a crashing or black screen issue if any of the files get corrupted or damaged while installing The Serpent Rogue. In this case, you need to check the integrity of the game files to avoid a similar issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, move to the Library section and select The Serpent Rogue icon.
- Then right-click on The Serpent Rogue icon and choose its Properties option.
- On the next screen, click on the Local Files option and select the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see whether the issue persists or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
At times enabled overlays can be the main culprit behind The Serpent Rogue crash or low FPS issue. The best solution to this issue is to disable overlays such as Discord, GeForce Experience or third-party tools.
- Open Discord->Settings->Overlay->Turn Off Enable in-game overlay option.
In Ge Force Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->Settings->Turn Off In-game overlay option.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows system is not up to date, then also you will encounter the crashing or lagging issue in your The Serpent Rogue. Here you need to update your Windows as soon as possible to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I combination keys to open the Settings menu.
- On the next screen, select the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the issue is resolved now.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
In most cases, installing the latest DirectX file will help you resolve the crashing or not launching issue in The Serpent Rogue. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the DirectX download page.
- Then click on the Download red tab and install it on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check whether your issue is resolved or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Another effective solution to overcome The Serpent Rogue crashing or shuttering issue in the system is to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable package. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser, navigate to the Visual C++ Redistributable page and download the x64 and x86 files.
- Then install the downloaded files on your system and see if the issue is again worrying you or not.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
If you’ve saved all graphics settings to a high level, you’ll have a crashing or black screen issue with The Serpent Rogue. The possible solution here is to lower all graphics settings and set the screen to Windowed Mode.
Fix 9: Perform Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot will allow your system to run on minimal services and applications. If you are having trouble with a crash or not-launching problem, you can run a clean boot to get rid of it. To do so,
- Firstly, type “System configuration” in the search box and open the first result from the search.
- On the next screen, select the Services tab from the top menu and check beside the Hide all Microsoft services. Once done, click on Disable all and OK button to continue.
- Now run the game and see the result. If the issue is solved, then try to find out the problematic services from the list and remove them from the system.
- Hereafter you can run the game without any interruption.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, you need to reinstall the game. You can completely uninstall the game from your system and download and install the game again from the relevant source.
These are all about The Serpent Rogue Crashing, Shuttering, Black Screen, or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.