The Past Within is a massive co-op point-and-click adventure game developed by Rusty Lake, which takes place in a mysterious world. It’s a unique game where players are assigned to play with someone they deem trustworthy, one in The Past and the second player in The Future resolve the puzzles and aid Rose in carrying out her father’s plan in motion. But a few players griping that the game keeps crashing and freezing on their system, troubling them to play the game smoothly.
If you are also facing the same issues in your game, then you can follow this article to get all the reliable solutions to resolve your crashing or not launching issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install Latest Game Patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted apps/services running in the background
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
Fix 1: Run the Game as Admin
The first try to resolve The Past Within crashing or lagging issue is run the game with admin privilege.
- Open Game installation folder-> right-click on ThePastWithin.exe file-> click on Properties->select the Compatibility tab from the top-> select Run this program as an administrator and launch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Another solution is to check and update your Graphics driver. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> click on Update Driver.
- Once done, you will be able to run the game smoothly.
Fix 3: Check Game Files
If the crashing or stuttering issue in The Past Within persists, then you need to check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Open Steam-> go to Library->right-click on The Past Within -> select Properties->Local Files and, click on Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game to enjoy the game.
Fix 4: Lower Graphics Settings
As per some players lowering the in-game graphics settings helped them to resolve The Past Within crashing and freezing issue. You should go to Game Graphics Settings, lower all the settings in the list and select Windowed Mode to play the game.
Fix 5: Install DirectX
Another solution is to update the DirectX package to the latest version. To do so,
- Open DirectX->select Language->click on Download, install the latest version on your system and see the issue gets resolved for you.
Fix 6: Disable Overlays
If you are using third-party Overlays such as GeForce Experience or Discord to enhance game performance, then also you will encounter The Patch Within low FPS issue. In this case, you can disable Overlays and start the game. In addition, you can disable Overclocking feature as well.
Fix 7: Launch the Game in DirectX11
- Open Steam-> go to Library-> select and right-click The Patch Within -> select Properties.
- Then choose General tab->under Launch Options type, -dx11 and launch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 8: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable will help you to escape from the crashing or lagging issue in The Patch Within. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable-> select and download X64, and X86 files-> Install these files on your system and see the result.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions does allow you to enjoy the game, then you should uninstall the game and reinstall it from a trusted source. Once done, you might be free from discussed issues.
These are all about The Past Within Crashing, Freezing, Low FPS, Lagging or Not Launching Issues and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.