Daedalic Entertainment recently released the action-adventure game The Lord of the Rings Gollum on all major platforms. The game is set in Mordor and other regions of Middle Earth where players can play with Gollum to retrieve his precious ring. But according to some players, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum crashes frequently and is not enjoyable.
If you are also experiencing The Lord of the Rings: Gollum crashing or low FPS issue, then you are in the right place. Here we list a few solutions which may solve your problem smoothly and then you won’t get any technical problems. Have a look.
Fix 1: Run As Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the The Lord of the Rings Gollum crashing or lagging issue is running the game with admin access. To do so,
- Open Game Installation folder and right-click on The Lord of the Rings Gollum.exe file, select Properties option.
- On the new screen select Run this program as an administrator, click on OK button and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Repair Game files
If the game files get corrupted then also you will struggle in running the game on PC. Here you should repair game files and start to play the game.
- Open Steam and choose the Library section.
- Then select and right-click on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, choose its Properties.
- Now select Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files and see the game running smoothly.
Fix 3: Update Driver
Graphics card is a crucial component to run games on the system. If the graphics driver get corrupted then also you encounter crashing or lagging issues. So update your driver and start the game.
- Open Device Manager, choose Display adapters and right-click on Graphics driver.
- Then select Update driver from the sub-menu and update the driver to the latest version.
Fix 4: Launch in DX11
Another solution to resolve The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Crashing or Lagging issue is launching the game in DX11.
- Open Steam, select Library and right-click on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
- Then select Properties, General tab and type -dx11 under Launch Options and save the changes.
Fix 5: Run Using Dedicated GPU
Sometimes running the game using the dedicated graphics card will allow you to play the game smoothly on your system.
- Open the Graphics Settings window and go to the Graphics Performance Preference option.
- Then click on the Browse button and select The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
- Now add the game to the list and select its three dots and choose Options.
- On the next screen select High performance and start the game.
Fix 6: Turn Off Overlays
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience, select Settings icon and toggle off beside In-game overlay option.
- Open Discord, select Settings icon and click on Overlay and toggle off beside Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix7: Reinstall the Game
If the above solutions don’t help you, you should reinstall Lord of the Rings: Gollum on your system. Uninstall the game and its related files and reinstall its latest version on the system and play the game.
These are all about The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Crashing/ Lagging or Low FPS Issue on PC and its fixes. In addition, you can disable the Antivirus program temporarily and close unwanted background services to play the game smoothly.