The Callisto Protocol is a single-player survival horror game where you discover the dark secrets of Jupiter’s dead moon. The game revolves around Jacob Lee’s struggle to escape the Black Iron Prison and discover the dark and disturbing secrets buried beneath Callisto’s surface. But few players are concerned about the issue of crashes and stutters that prevent them from playing the game.
Several players have reported The Callisto Protocol stuttering issue on Twitter, and the game developer has been working hard to fix the issues. Meanwhile, you can try some of the solutions available here to improve your gameplay smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Install the latest Game Patch
The game developer has already announced that they have released a new patch to fix the stutter issue in The Callisto protocol. So, before moving to any solution, you can try to install the latest game patch and see if the issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 2: Launch in DX11
Another solution to get rid of the stuttering issue in The Callisto Protocol is launching it in dx11. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on The Callisto Protocol->Properties->General tab-> under Launch Options type, -dx11 and start the game.
Fix 3: Play Offline
As per some players, playing the game offline helped them enjoy the game without stuttering or low FPS issue. So, you start the game online and when you enter the game, switch off your internet connection and continue the gameplay.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
Sometimes verifying the game files help you to escape from the stuttering issue quickly. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on The Callisto Protocol->Properties->Local Files tab->click on Verify integrity of game files and resume the gameplay.
Fix 5: Run as Administrator
If you are unable to launch The Callisto Protocol properly, then you should run the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Go to the game installation folder->right-click on TheCallistoProtocol.exe file-> Properties-> Compatibility tab-> tick Run this program as an administrator option and launch the game.
Fix 6: Tweak Graphics Settings
In most cases, editing in-game graphics settings will help you to resolve the low FPS or crashing issue smoothly. To do so,
- Open The Callisto Protocol-> Controls->Keyword/Mouse settings and disable Mouse Look Smoothing and Mouse Aim Smoothing options.
- Then select Options-> Graphics->Effects and disable these features- Motion Blur, Film Grain, V-Sync and relaunch the game.
Fix 7: Update The Callisto Protocol
Another effective solution is updating The Callisto Protocol and start the game. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->select The Callisto Protocol.
- If any update is available, then you can update the game and restart the PC.
- Now you might be free from said issues permanently.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve The Callisto Protocol stuttering or not launching issues. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.