After a long hiatus, Nightdive Studios released a reloaded version of the original System Shock released by Looking Glass Studios in 1994. The game takes you back to the Citadel Station, where you can take on the role of a hacker, then explore and survive the horrors brought by Shoden. But a few players complained that they could not run the game on their system due to the crashing issue, sometimes the game struck the loading screen.
If you are getting the same issue in System Shock, then you can rely on this article to solve the issue without any hassle. Then let’s move to the reliable fixes as soon as possible.
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
The first attempt to resolve the System Shock Remake crashing issue is repairing the game files.
- Open Steam, move to the Library, right-click on System Shock and choose Properties.
- Then select Local Files and choose Verify integrity of game files option and relaunch the game to see the result.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Another solution you can try is updating your Graphics driver.
- Open Device Manager, locate and open Display adapters section, right-click on Graphics driver and click on Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Once the upgrade process gets completed, relaunch the game and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 3: Disable Overlays
Sometimes simply disabling the overlay feature might help you to resolve the crashing or lagging issue in System Shock.
In GeForce Experience– Click on the Settings icon from the home screen and toggle off beside the In-game overlay option.
In Discord– Click on the Settings icon from the home screen, choose Overlay option and toggle off beside the Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 4: Clear Cache
If System Shock Struck on the loading screen then it might be due to mounted cache files. In this case, you should clear the Steam cache files and relaunch the game.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R simultaneously.
- Then inside the dialog box type “steam://flushconfig” and click OK.
- A new prompt will appear on the screen asking Clear Steam Cache, click on OK to confirm.
Fix 5: Tweak Game Bar Settings
To resolve the low FPS issue in System Shock you should tweak game bar settings.
- Open Game Bar by pressing Windows + G altogether.
- Then choose Settings and turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar feature from the screen.
- As well as switching off Show Game Bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Disable Background Services
In most cases, disabling the background running apps/services from the system will help you to perform the game effectively. In this case, close all the background running apps/services and relaunch the game.
- Open Task Manager, select Processes tab, choose app/services consuming too much resources, double-click on it and select End task.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the fixes listed above help to resolve the crashing issue in System Shock, you should uninstall the game. Once done, reinstall its latest version and relaunch the game on your device without any issues.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve System Shock Crashing or Struck on the Loading Screen.