After the mesmerizing events of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, fans can now experience the rise of the new Spider-Man, Miles Morales, as he follows in the footsteps of his mentor, Peter Parker. Marvel’s comics character, Miles Morales, takes on the huge responsibility of saving Marvel’s New York from a high-tech criminal army with great power and skills. But unfortunately, a few players have reported that they are unable to play the game smoothly due to crashing or lagging issues.
If you might be facing the same issues and looking for reliable solutions, then you can pursue this article. Here we have gathered a few solutions that will help you to resolve Spider-Man: Miles Morales crashing or not launching issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Disable antivirus
- Update Windows
- End unwanted background apps
- Check System Requirement
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first solution you can try to resolve Spider-Man: Miles Morales crashing or lagging issue is launching the game with admin access. To do so,
- Open the Game installation folder->right-click on MilesMorales.exe file-> Properties-> Compatibility tab->choose Run this program as an administrator option and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
Sometimes verifying the Spider-Man: Miles Morales game files will help you to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Spider-Man: Miles Morales-> Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game files option and see the result.
In Epic Games,
- Open Epic Games->Library-> click on three dots beside Spider-Man: Miles Morales->Manage->click on Verify and launch the game.
Fix 3: Update Driver
As per some Epic Games players, updating their Graphics driver helped them to resolve the Spider-Man: Miles Morales lagging or freezing issue quickly. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters->right-click on your Graphics driver-> select the Update driver option and launch the game again to see the result.
Fix 4: Lower Graphics Settings
If you encountered Low FPS issue in Spider-Man: Miles Morales, then you should lower the in-game graphics settings. The game comes with high-quality graphics, so it may lead to a compatibility issue with your system and cause similar issues.
- Go to the game Graphics Settings page->lower all the Settings in the list-> change to Windowed Mode in the Display section and relaunch the game to see the performance.
Fix 5: Launch in Dedicated GPU
In most cases, launching the game using a dedicated GPU will allow you to resolve stuttering or crashing issues in Spider-Man: Miles Morales. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings page->Graphics Performance Preference->click on Browse->go to game installation folder-> select MilesMorales.exe file and add to the list.
- Then select Spider-Man: Miles Morales-> click on three dots->Options-> select High Performance from the option and start the game.
Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX
Another solution to resolve the crashing or black screen issue in Spider-Man: Miles Morales is reinstalling the latest DirectX package. To do so,
- Open DirectX webpage->choose your Language-> click on the Download button, install the file on your system and relaunch the game.
Fix 7: Increase Virtual Memory
At times increasing Virtual memory will help you to escape from Spider-Man: Miles Morales low FPS issue quickly. To do so,
- Open View advanced system settings window->Advanced tab->Performance section->Settings.
- On the new page, select Advanced tab-> Virtual memory->Change button->untick Automatically manage paging file size for all drives->click on Customize size.
- Now set the Initial size– if your RAM size is 8 GB, then calculate 8x 1024×1.5
- Then set the Maximum size– if your RAM size is 8 GB, then calculate 8x 1024×3
- Once done, click on the Set and OK buttons and relaunch the game.
Fix 8: Disable Overlays
If you use any third-party overlays to boost the game’s performance, you might face crash or lag issues. In this case, you can disable overlays, relaunch and enjoy the game.
In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> toggle Off next to the In-game Overlay option and start the game again.
In Discord– Click on Settings->Overlay-> turn off Enable in-game overlay option and start the game again.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
Sometimes activated game Overclocking feature might be causing similar issues; here, you can disable overclocking feature and run the game.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you should uninstall the game and restart the system. When done, you should download the game and reinstall it on your system freshly.
These are all about the Spider-Man: Miles Morales Crashing, Lagging, Low FPS, Black Screen or Not launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.