Sonic Origins is Saga’s Sonic the Hedgehog game collection that revives the classic collected adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD. In the game, players can control Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles “Tiles” Power and Knuckles the Echidna to thwart Doctor Robotnik’s evil plans to steal the Chaos Emeralds. But few players complained that the game could start due to crashing and shuttering issues at the startup screen.
There might be various reasons for the same issues, but they are not difficult to deal with. Anyway, in this article, we have compiled a few solutions to overcome the issue of Sonic Origins crashing or not launching. So check out the detailed solutions listed below without any worries.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background apps/services
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Check internet connection
- Check System Requirement
If any of the given workarounds do not help you, then you need to move to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the Sonic Origins crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Sonic Origins installation folder, right-click on the Sonic Origins.exe file and click on the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the new screen, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu and tick on the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator and click on OK.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes updating the graphics driver, you are currently using will help you to resolve the Sonic Origins crashing or shuttering issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window on your screen and expand the section Display adapters.
- Then right-click on the currently using Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, restart the system and see the issue resolved in your case.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
In most cases, corrupted game files can be the main cause behind Sonic Origins crashing or lagging issues. You can check the integrity of the game files here to get rid of the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, move to the Library section and right-click on the Sonic Origins icon.
- Then choose the Properties option from the sub-menu to proceed.
- On the new screen, click on the Local Files tab, choose the Verify integrity of game files option and continue the process.
- Once done, restart the system and launch the game to feel the improvement.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In some cases, simply disabling the overlay feature will help you to resolve the Sonic Origins crashing or shuttering issue. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and select the Settings option.
- Inside the newly appeared screen, just Turn Off In-game overlay option.
- Firstly, open Discord, and choose the Settings option.
- Inside the newly appeared screen, simply choose the Overlay option, and you should Turn Off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Another solution to overcome the Sonic Origins crashing or freezing issue is to check and install the latest updates on your Windows operating system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings app on your screen and click on the Windows update option.
- Then click on the Check for updates and continue the process.
- Once completed, relaunch the game and see if the issue disturbs you.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
It’s possible that turning on Overclocking will make Sonic Origins perform quicker than it was intended to and cause crashes or black screen issues. In this situation, turning off overclocking feature will allow you to enjoy the game without any issues.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times simply installing the latest version of Install Visual C++ Redistributable will help you to resolve the Sonic Origins crashing or Low FPS issue. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Visual C++ Redistributable official page and click on the x64 and x86 files.
- Then download and install them on your system and see an improvement in the game’s performance.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
Reinstalling the DirectX on your system is another solution to get rid of the Sonic Origins crashing or black screen issue. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the DirectX official page and select the Language from the drop-down list.
- Then click on the Download button, install it on your system and feel improvement.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If the high visual effects and graphics of your game are not compatible with your system, you may get a similar crashing or freezing problem. The best solution is to go into the game Graphics Settings, lower all the settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you to resolve your issue, then you can uninstall the game completely. Once done, reinstall the game from a trusty source and see the improvement in its performance.
These are all about the Sonic Origins Crashing, Lagging, Freezing or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.