Sonic Frontiers is a massive fast-paced adventure open-world game developed by Sonic Team. In the game, players can enthusiastically run across five major islands of the world filled with dense forests, waterfalls and desert landscapes, each with the player’s unique action-platforming challenges. But recently, some players complained that they could not play due to crashing and stuttering issues.
If you are also getting these issues, then you can follow this article. Here we have listed a few solutions that will help you to overcome Sonic Frontiers crashing or not launching issue effortlessly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted background running apps/services
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
Fix 1: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets corrupted, you won’t be able to run Sonic Frontiers smoothly on your system. Here you need to update your driver and run the game again. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver and choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, you can restart the system and see if the game running smoothly or not.
Fix 2: Run as Admin
Sometimes running the game with administrative privilege will help you escape from similar issues. To do so,
- Open the Game installation folder->right-click on SonicFrontiers.exe file->Properties->Compatibility tab-> select Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
If the crashing or lagging issue persists in your game, you need to verify the game files. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Sonic Frontiers->Properties->Local Files and select Verify integrity of game files option and run the game again.
Fix 4: Launch the Game in DirectX11
Another solution is launching the game in dx11. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Sonic Frontiers-> Properties->General tab-> under Launch Options type, -dx11 and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Reinstall DirectX
If you are suffering from a Low FPS issue in Sonic Frontiers, then you should reinstall the DirectX package. To do so,
- Open the DirectX window->select Language-> click on the Download button, install the file on your system and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Disable Overlays
If you have enabled third-party overlays to improve game performance, you may encounter lagging or stuttering issue. Here you need to disable Overlays like GeForce Experience and Discord and restart the game.
Fix 7: Launch using Dedicated GPU
At times, launching the game using a dedicated GPU will help you to resolve similar issues. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings window-> select Graphics Performance Preference->Browse button -> go to game installation folder-> add SonicFrontiers.exe file to the list.
- Then click on the three dots beside Sonic Frontiers-> Options->select High Performance and relaunch the game.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
In most cases, lower the in-game graphics settings will help you get rid of the Sonic Frontiers crashing issue smoothly. Once done, you can run the game again to see the result.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If all the above fixes filed, then you should uninstall the game and reinstall it from a reliable source. This process will help you to launch the game afresh.
These are all about the Sonic Frontier Crashing/ Lagging/ Low FPS/ Stuttering or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.