Shortly after the release of Sniper Elite 5, it showed some technical issues and started throwing bugs and error messages. Few players lately reported that when they were trying to start the game, an error prompt “GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue” appeared in front of the screen and prevented them from enjoying the game. However, this is not a serious problem and can be solved using a few steps given below.
If you are also suffering from the Sniper Elite 5 “GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue” error, then you can pursue this article. Here we have collected a few solutions to overcome the same issue quickly with minimal effort. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Enable Vulkan
The first step to resolve the Sniper Elite 5 GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue error prompt is to launch the game using the Vulkan. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the game on Steam and click on the Settings icon on the launcher screen.
- Inside the new screen, select the Vulkan under the Rendering API section and click on OK.
- Once done, relaunch the game and click on the Play button to play the game without the said error.
Fix 2: Check Graphics Card
Sometimes unsupported Graphics cards might be the main culprit behind the Sniper Elite 5 GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue error. Here you need to check the system requirement to run the game and change your system configuration accordingly. You can upgrade your Graphics card as per the system requirement and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver
If your Graphics driver gets outdated, then also you will receive the GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue error message while trying to start the game. In this case, you need to update your driver to the latest version and see if the error disappeared or not. To do so,
- Firstly, open Device Manager on your desktop screen and expand the Display adapters section.
- Then right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, restart the system, launch the game and start playing.
Fix 4: Use Dedicated Graphics Card
At times simply selecting the dedicated graphics card to run the game will help you to resolve the GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue error in Sniper Elite 5. To do so,
- Firstly, type “Graphics Settings” in your search box and launch the top result from the system search.
- In the new screen, choose Desktop app (for Steam users) or Microsoft Store app (for Xbox users) and click on the Browse button.
- Then go to the game installation folder, select the Sniper5_dx12.exe file and click on the Add button.
- Now select Sniper Elite 5 from the Graphics settings screen and click on Options.
- And choose the High performance option from the new screen.
- Once done, launch the game and play it smoothly.
Fix 5: Lower Graphics Settings
Sniper Elite 5 has impressive visual effects, but these effects may not be compatible with your system, resulting in GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue error. The most effective option is to switch to Windowed Mode and drop the game visual settings to normal.
These are all about the Sniper Elite 5 GPU Device Was Lost Game Cannot Continue Error on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.