Silt is a recently launched surreal underwater puzzle-adventure game developed by Spiral Circus Games. The game throws its players into the depths of the ocean in a fantastic quest to uncover some underwater mysteries. But few players are not happy with the game as they are unable to dive into the depths of the ocean to discover long-forgotten mysteries due to a crash or lagging issue.
There might be many causes for similar issues, including corrupted game files, outdated Windows, and many more. If you are also suffering from the same issue, then you are at the right place. In this article, we have gathered a few solutions to overcome the Silt crashing or not launching issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Disable unwanted apps/services that are running in the background.
- Check Internet connection
- Install the latest Game Patch
- Check System Requirement
If any of the above workarounds do not allow you to solve the issues mentioned above, you need to go to the section below to find some detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first try to resolve the Silt Crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrative privileges. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Silt installation folder and right-click on the Silt.exe file.
- And from the sub-menu, choose the Properties option.
- On the new screen, select the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator, and click on OK.
- Finally, launch the game and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might be the primary reason for the Silt Crashing or lagging issue. Here you should check and update your driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, type “device” in your desktop search box and launch the Device Manager window from the top search result.
- Inside the new screen, expand the section Display adapters and right-click on your currently using Graphics driver.
- Then choose the Update driver option from the drop-down menu and complete the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if everything is fine or not.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
During the installation of the game, if any files get damaged or missing, then it might affect the game’s performance and lead to crashing or freezing issues. In this case, you should check the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library and select and right-click on the Silt from the list.
- Then choose its Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the new screen, click on the Local Files option and select the Verify integrity of game files.
- Finally, launch the game and see the game running well on your system.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
Overlays are an extremely convincing feature that allows for boosting the performance of the game. But sometimes, the enabled overlay might conflict with the game and lead to crashing or lagging issues. Here the most effective solution is disabling the overlays.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience, go to its Settings menu, and you should Turn off In-game overlay option.
- Open Discord, and go to its Settings menu.
- Then you should choose the Overlay option and Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If you are running an outdated version of the Windows operating system, it may adversely affect the game’s performance as well. The best possible solution here is to update the Windows to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu, and you can click on the Windows Update option from the screen.
- On the next screen, click on Check for updates tab and continue with the process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if everything is fine or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
If you enable the Overclocking feature to make the Silt run faster than it intended to go, it can sometimes cause crashing or black screen issues. In this case, you need to disable overclocking and run the game normally.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
At times, the game’s high visual effects might not be compatible with the system and lead to crashing or low FPS problems. To avoid this situation in the future, you need to go to the game Graphics Settings menu and lower all the settings and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 8: Disable VSync
In most cases disabling the VSync allows you to run the Silt without any crashing or freezing issues. To do so,
For NVIDIA users,
- Firstly, open NVIDIA Control Panel, click on Manage 3D Settings, and select the Virtual Sync option.
- In the new screen, enable and disable the Sync option.
For IntelHD graphics users,
- Firstly, open the IntelHD graphics control panel, and select 3D General Settings and Custom Settings.
- Then select the Virtual Sync and toggle On or Off beside the VSync option.
Fix 9: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
If the Game is continuously crashing at the startup screen, then you need to install the latest Visual C++ Redistributable on the system. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the Visual C++ Redistributable official page.
- Then choose the X64 and X86 files from the screen, download and install them on your system.
- Once done, launch the game and see if everything is fine.
Fix 10: Install DirectX
If you encounter a crashing or shuttering issue in Silt, then you need to reinstall the DirectX on your system. To do so,
- Firstly open your browser and go to the official DirectX page.
- Then choose the Language, click on the Download button, and continue the process.
- Once done, launch the game and see if it is running fine on your system.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, you will need to uninstall the game from your system. Once done, reinstall the game from the relevant source and check if it works without any problems.
These are all about the Silt Crashing, Lagging, Freezing, Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.