Shredders is a magnificent snowboarding video game lately released on the Xbox Series X/S, Game Pass, Steam, and Microsoft Windows. Now here, players can open up a huge open world of eye-catching scenery, pow, and parks. In the game, players can participate with the best pro snowboarders and learn their moves and skills. But what makes the game miserable is that few players complained about crashing and shuttering issues while trying to start the game.
There can be several causes for the same issues, such as damaged drivers, poor game installation, and many more. If you are also struggling with the Shredders Crashing or Not Launching Issue and looking for a reliable solution, then you are in the right place. In this article, we have listed a few solutions to overcome the same problem effectively. Let’s have a look.
- You should ensure any unwanted apps/programs are not running in the background.
- Check your Internet connectivity.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Check System requirements.
If you have tried all the above tricks and they do not help you, here are several detailed solutions, be patient and go to the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to solve the Shredders Crashing or Not Launching Issue is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Shredders installation folder, right-click on the Shredders.exe file, and click on the Properties option.
- Inside the newly opened screen, select the Compatibility tab from the top menu, tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator and press the OK button.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue eliminated from your system.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets damaged or corrupted for any reason, the Shredders may crash or freeze on the startup screen. In this case, your driver should update as soon as possible. to do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ in your search box and open the Device Manager menu from the search result.
- Inside the new screen, expand the Display adapters from the list and select your Graphics driver.
- Then right-click on the driver and choose the Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, restart the system and check the issue eliminated from your system.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
Sometimes incorrectly installed game files might be the main reason for the Shredders crashing or not launching issue. To overcome this mess, you should check the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and navigate to its Library menu.
- Inside the Library section, right-click on the Shredders icon and select the Properties option.
- Then click on the Local files from the next screen and select the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, restart the system and start the game without any issue.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
If you enable overlays, it can sometimes interfere with your game and cause crashing and shuttering problems. The most effective solution is to disable Steam in-game overlay, GeForce experience, Discord, and third-party overlay software and see the improvement.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable allow you to run the game on your system without any troubles. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and move to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage.
- Then select the x64 and x86 files, download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see any issue disturbs you or not.
Fix 6: Update Windows
If your Windows is out of date, you will not be able to run Shredders on your system, and it will crash and freeze. The best practical solution is to update your Windows system to the latest updates. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings menu.
- Then select the Update & Security option and click on the Check for updates button from the new screen.
- Finally, restart the system and see the game running smoothly on your system.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
Another solution to tackle the Shredders crashing or won’t launching issue is lowering all the graphics settings. Simply go to the game Graphics settings, drag the edit bar to the moderate position and see the result.
Fix 8: Scan your System for Virus
If your Shredders crash during startup, your system may need to be scanned for viruses. Before proceeding with the scanning process, you can update your antivirus program by installing the latest signature files released by the program maker. When done, start the scanning process and clean your system from viruses.
Fix 9: Perform Clean Boot
In most cases, clean booting the system might help you to eliminate the Shredders crashing or not launching issue. To do so,
- Firstly, try ‘system configuration’ on your system search box and open the top result.
- Then select the Services tab, tick the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services, and click on Disable all and OK button.
- Now locate to the Startup tab and select the Open Task Manager option.
- In the newly opened window, select the Startup tab and disable all the services from the list.
- Further, enable one service from the list and see the issue persists or not. Continue the process until you find a problematic one and delete it from the system.
- Finally, run the game without any hindrance.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If all of the above solutions fail in your case, then you need to uninstall Shredders from your system completely. Then reinstall the game from any trusty source.
These are all about the Shredders Crashing/Freezing/Shuttering or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.