SCP: Secret Files is a massive adventure game developed by GameZoo Studio and now available for PC gamers. In the game, players can dress as an assistant researcher for Dr. Raymond Hamm and successfully finish a strenuous induction program. But few players who downloaded the game complained that they are unable to play the game on their system due to crashing or not launching issue.
If you’re not allowed to help organize some of the SCP Foundation’s secret files, you’re at the right place. Here we have listed few solutions to overcome your crashing or lagging problem in SCP: Secret Files, and you can run the game smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest Game Patch
- Close unwanted background running services/apps
- Disable Antivirus
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
If all the above strategies fail in your case, then you can go for the solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Update Driver
If the graphics driver installed in your system get corrupted, you may face crashing or lagging issues. In this case you can update your driver and start the game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->select Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> select Update driver.
- Then complete the process and start the game again on your system.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
If your game files are damaged or corrupted, you may face crashing or freezing problem with your SCP: Secret Files. Here you need to check and repair the corrupted files and launch the game again. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on SCP: Secret Files and select Properties.
- Now choose the Local Files, click on the Verify integrity of game files and launch the game.
Fix 3: Disable Overlays
Sometimes disabling the Overlay feature will help you escape from the lagging or stuttering issue on SCP: Secret Files. To do so,
- Click on Settings icon->Overlay-> turn off Enable in-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Click on Settings icon-> turn off In-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Turn OFF Overclocking
If you have activated the overclocking tool to increase the performance of the game on the system, it may cause the crashing or lagging problem. In this case, you need to disable the overclocking feature and launch the game again.
Fix 5: Launch the Game in DX 11
Sometimes launching the game in -dx11 will help you to escape from the same issues. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on SCP: Secret Files->select Properties.
- And click on General option-> type -dx11 under Launch Options and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX
Another solution to resolve the low FPS problem is to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of DirectX package on your system. To do so,
- Launch DirectX page-> choose your Language-> click on the red Download button.
- And install the latest package files on your system and see the result.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
In some cases, lowering all graphics settings of the game can help you get rid of the same issues. You can go to the game’s Graphics Settings menu, lower all the settings in the list, switch to Windowed Mode and launch the game again.
Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot
At times, performing a clean boot will help you to escape from the crashing or not launching issue. To do so,
- Open System Configuration screen-> click on Services tab-> tick beside Hide all Microsoft services-> click on Disable all button and click on OK.
- Then select Startup tab->click on Open Task Manager option.
- Now again, click on Startup tab->choose all startup services->select Disable option.
- Restart the system and see the result. If the issue persists, you can go back to Startup tab, check problematic services from the list and delete it from your system.
- Finally, restart your system and check the issue disturbing you again.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If none of the solutions listed above help you, then you can uninstall the game from your system. Once done, reinstall the game and check if said issues persists or not.
These are all about the SCP: Secret Files Crashing/ Lagging/ Stuttering/ Low FPS or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.