It’s time for another exciting game, Scorn, which has been released on all major platforms. Scorn is a action-packed atmospheric first-person horror adventure game developed by Ebb Software and set in a nightmarish universe of strange tapestry and forms. But recently, some players have complained that they are not able to enjoy the game due to heavy crashing or lagging issues.
If you have been suffering the same issue on your system, then you can follow this article to resolve it. Here we have listed some surefire solutions to your Scorn crashing or not launching issue effectively. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background running apps/programs
- Update Windows
- Disable Antivirus
- Check System requirement
If these simple tricks do not help in your case, then you should move on to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first try to resolve the Scorn crashing or not launching issue is launching the game with administrator access. To do so,
- Open the game installation folder-> right-click one Scorn.exe file and select its Properties.
- Now choose the Compatibility tab-> tick Run this program as an administrator option and launch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets corrupted, you won’t be able to play Scorn on your system, which leads to many issues. In this case, you should update your driver and start the game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->click on the Display adapters option to expand it and right-click on Graphics driver.
- Then select the Update driver option from the sub-menu and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes verifying the integrity of game files will allow you to play Scorn without crashing or lagging issues. To do so,
- Open Steam->select Library->right-click on Scorn icon-> select Properties.
- Now choose the Local Files, select the Verify integrity of game files and finish the process.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
- In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> turn Off the In-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
- In Discord– Click on Settings-> Overlay-> turn Off Enable in-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Run the Game using a Dedicated GPU
In some cases, launching the game using a dedicated GPU will help you to escape from the Scorn crashing or stuttering issue. To do so,
- Open the Graphics Settings window->choose Graphics Performance Preference, and click on the Browse button.
- Then go to Scorn installation folder->select Scorn.exe file, and add it to the list.
- Then select the game from the list-> choose Options and select the High Performance option from the new screen.
- Once done, your issues might get solved.
Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX
At times reinstalling the DirectX on your system will help you to escape from the Scorn Low FPS or black screen issue. To do so,
- Open DirectX->choose Language->click on Download button.
- Then install the file on your system and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
In some cases, installing the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to play Scorn without crashing or Low FPS issues. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable-> select and download X64 and X86 files on your system.
- Install the files and relaunch the game to feel the improvement in its performance.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
Another solution you can try is to go to the game Graphics Settings page, lower all the settings in the list and enable Windowed Mode. It won’t affect the visual quality of your game. So, you can change the settings without any hesitation.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
In most cases, disabling the game overclocking feature may help you resolve similar issues. Once done, you can launch the game again to see if the change helped you or not.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game and restart the system. After a few minutes, reinstall the game on your system and run the game.
These are all about the Scorn Crashing, Lagging, Stuttering, Low FPS or Not Launching issues on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.