The reboot titled Saints Row is an action-adventure game recently released on all prominent platforms. The game takes place in the fictional city of Santo Ileso in the American Southwest, where you can form a new group called The Saints to build your empire across the city and take control from various gangs. But some players are not satisfied with the game as they are not able to run the game due to heavy crashes and not launching issues.
It would be disgraceful if you couldn’t enjoy the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions to quickly overcome your Saints Row crashing or freezing problem using a few reliable solutions. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the Latest Game patch
- Close unwanted background running Apps/Services
- Lower Graphics Settings
- Check System Requirements
If these quick solutions do not help you then you can move to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Admin
The initial attempt to resolve the Saints Row crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Open Saints Row installation folder->right-click on SaintsRow.exe file->Properties->Compatibility tab->tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, relaunch the game and try again to run the game.
Fix 2: Launch the Game in Dx11/12/Vulkan
Another solution to resolve the same issues is launching the game smoothly in dx 11 or dx 12 or Vulkan. To do so,
- Firstly, open Epic Games Launcher->Library-> select Saints Row->click on Launch option-> select DirectX 11 and launch the game.
- If this doesn’t work for you, then you can launch the game in DirectX12 or Vulkan and see the difference.
Fix 3: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might cause to crash or freeze Saints Row at the startup screen. In this case, you need to update your driver and see the improvement. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->select Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> Update Driver.
- Once done, you need to relaunch the game to feel its performance.
Fix 4: Use Dedicated Graphics Card
At times, choosing a dedicated graphics card can help you get rid of the crashing or shuttering problem in Saints Row. To do so,
- Firstly, open Graphics Settings page->click on Browse-> go to Saints Row installation folder->open Game folder->select SaintsRow.exe file->click Add button.
- When added, click on SaintsRow.exe select Options->choose High performance-> click on Save.
- Repeat the same above steps to add SaintsRow_DX12.exe, SaintsRow_Vulkan.exe and SRLauncher.exe file to the list and set High Performance.
- Once done, launch the game and see the issue eliminated for you.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Sometimes updating your Windows to the latest built will help you to resolve crashing or lagging issues in Saints Row. To do so,
- Open Settings menu->choose Windows Update->Check for updates button.
- Once done, see the discussed issue resolved for you.
Fix 6: Verify Game Files
In most cases, checking the integrity of game files will let you run the game without any discussed issues. To do so,
- Open Epic Games Launcher->Library->select and click on the three dots beside Saints Row->choose to Manage->click on Verify option.
- Once done, you can launch the game and feel the difference.
Fix 7: Disable Overlay
- Open Discord->click on Settings->Overlay->Toggle off beside Enable In-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->click on Settings->Toggle Off beside Enable In-game overlay option.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and play without any trouble.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times, simply installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to escape from Low FPS or crashing issues in Saints Row. To do so,
- Go to Visual C++ Redistributable->click on x64, x86-> install the files on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game to feel the improvement.
Fix 9: Install DirectX
In some cases, reinstalling the DirectX package will help you to escape from the same issues. to do so,
- Go to DirectX->select Language->click on the Download button.
- Once done, install the package on your system and you will be free from the discussed issues.
Fix 10: Disable Overclocking
If you have encountered a crashing or black screen issue in Saints Row then you need to disable Overclocking feature. Once done, then you can launch the game smoothly.
Fix 11: Turn Off Antivirus
If you have any third-party antivirus program installed on your system then it can interfere with the game and lead to many problems. In this case, you can temporarily disable your antivirus program or add the game txt file to your antivirus program.
Fix 12: Disable VSync
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync->disable Sync option.
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync->disable VSync option.
Fix 13: Reinstall the Game
If none of the solutions listed above helps you, you can uninstall the game completely. Once done, restart the system, reinstall the game and see the improvement in its performance.
These are all about the Saints Row Crashing, Lagging, Freezing, Low FPS or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.