RUINSMAGUS is a recently released VR fantasy action RPG game set against a universal magic backdrop. In the game, players can take on the role of a novice and join hands with Iris to investigate what mysteries lie in the abandoned ruins beneath the wealthy town of Grand Amnis. Few reports are coming out now that players who have downloaded the game are not able to start it due to crashing or lagging issues.
There can be different causes for the same issues, such as missing Visual C++, corrupted drivers, and many more. If you are facing the same problem, don’t worry; this article will help you get rid of it. Here we have listed a few solutions to overcome your RUINSMAGUS crashing or shuttering issue quickly and efficiently. Then without further ado, let’s move on to the surefire solutions listed below.
- Install Latest Game Patch
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Close unwanted background running apps
- Check System Requirement
These are the elementary tricks to resolve your issue quickly. If these solutions do not help in your game, then you can move on to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As a first attempt to resolve the RUINSMAGUS crashing or not launching issue, it is launching the game with admin access. To do so,
- Firstly, open the RUINSMAGUS installation folder, right-click on the RUINSMAGUS.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, click the Compatibility tab, tick next to Run this program as an administrator option, and press the OK button.
- Once done, restart the system and see the game’s performance.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might be causing crashing or freezing issues in your RUINSMAGUS. Here you need to update your driver to the latest update and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window and expand the section Display adapters.
- Then choose and right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, launch the game again to see its performance.
Fix 3: Check Game Files
If any game files get corrupted during the installation, you will face a crash or lag issue on the startup screen. In this case, you can check the integrity of the game files to solve the same problem. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library and select RUINSMAGUS from the game lists.
- Right-click on the game icon and select the Properties from the sub-menu.
- Then choose the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files from the same screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In most cases, enabled overlays might trigger RUINSMAGUS to crash or shutter at the startup screen. Here you can sort out the same issue by disabling Overlays and then start the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open the GeForce Experience and from the home screen, click on the Settings icon
- And turn off the toggle beside the In-game overlay option.
- Open Discord and click on the Settings icon from the screen bottom.
- Then choose the Overlay option, turn off Enable in-game overlay, and see the improvement.
Fix 5: Update Windows
At times, outdated Windows operating systems might lead to crashing or lagging issues in RUINSMAGUS. The best solution here is to update your Windows to the latest version, then start the game again. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings menu and click on the Windows update.
- Then click on Check for updates tab and let your system to complete the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issue persists in your game or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
If you have activated the overclocking feature, it will allow the game to run faster than intended, but sometimes it may cause low FPS or black screen issues. If this is the issue in your case, then you need to turn off the overclocking feature and restart the game.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to overcome the RUINSMAGUS crashing or black screen issue is installing the latest Visual C++ Redistributable on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Visual C++ Redistributable page through your web browser.
- Then choose the x64 and x86 files, download and install them on your system.
- Once done, launch the game again and see its improvement.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
In most cases installing the DirectX package on your system help you to resolve the crashing or shuttering issue in your game. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the DirectX page through your Web browser.
- Then choose the Language from the home screen and click on the Download button.
- Once done, install the early downloaded latest package on your system and see the result.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your system cannot be configured with high visual effects and graphics settings of your game, you may face crashing or freezing issues at the startup screen. At this stage, you need to enter the game Graphics Settings page, lower all available settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you need to uninstall the game and related files from your system. Once done, reinstall the game from a relevant source and launch without any previous issues.
These are all about the RUINSMAGUS Crashing/ Freezing/ Shuttering/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.