RiffTrax: The Game is an excellent multiplayer party game where players compete to make fun of bad movies. The game allows its players to grab their family and friends and make fun of the worst cinematic abominations ever created in the history of cinema. But a few players who downloaded RiffTrax: The Game reported that their download was in vain as they couldn’t run the game due to crashing and lagging issues.
Game designers went to great lengths to make the game enjoyable and amusing. But some technical glitches appear as a killjoy in the game and prevent a few players from enjoying the game. Anyway, in this article, we have listed some solutions to overcome the frustrating problem you are facing in RiffTrax: The Game. So let’s have a look down at the detailed solutions.
- Close unwanted apps/services are running in the background of the system.
- Disable antivirus
- Install the latest game patch
- Check system requirements
Fix 1: Launch as Admin
The prime attempt to run the RiffTrax: The Game without any crashing or not launching issues is opening the game with admin access. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the RiffTrax: The Game installation folder, right-click on the RiffTrax: The Game.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- In the new window, under the Settings section choose the Compatibility tab and tick the check box beside the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, you can open the game without any issue.
Fix 2: Update Driver
In most cases, an outdated graphics driver may be the main cause of RiffTrax: The Game crashes or freezes issues. To resolve this issue, you should update the specific driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly type “device” in the system search box, and open the Device Manager window from the result.
- Inside the new screen, select and expand the Display adapters section and click on your Graphics Driver.
- Now right-click on the driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu list.
- Finally, restart your computer and relaunch the game and run it without any issues.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files Integrity
Sometimes checking the integrity of game files will allow you to run RiffTrax: The Game without crashing or lagging issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library section and select the RiffTrax: The Game from the list.
- And right-click on the RiffTrax: The Game icon and select the Properties option.
- In the newly appeared screen, select the Local Files and click on the Verify Integrity of game files from the right pane menu.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the changes helped you or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
Overlays are a helpful feature to improve the game’s performance on the system. But this handy feature sometimes interferes with the performance of games and leads to complex issues. To avoid this, you need to disable overlays such as GeForce Experience, Discord and other third-party tools.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open your GeForce Experience-> Settings icon->Turn off In-game overlay.
- Open your Discord-> Settings icon->Overlay-> Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If you miss updating your Windows for a long time, this may be the main reason why the RiffTrax: The Game crashes or not launching on your PC. You can get rid of this situation by updating your Windows. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to launch the Settings window.
- In the new screen, click on the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button.
- After the updation process, relaunch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to overcome the RiffTrax: The Game crashing or black screen issue is installing the Visual C++ Redistributable latest package. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and navigate to the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then select the x64 and x86 files from the new screen, and then download and install them on your system.
- Once done, the game will run smoothly on your system.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
If the above solution has not resolved the RiffTrax: The Game crashing or Black screen issue, then you need to install the DirectX program as well. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and navigate to the Microsoft DirectX page.
- Inside the newly opened screen, click on the Download red button and install it on your system.
- Once done, you will no longer encounter any trouble running the game.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
As the RiffTrax: The Game offers enhanced graphic effects and a unique collection of clips, which can freeze or crash the game quickly during gameplay. To avoid this situation, you need to lower all the graphics settings of the game and see the result.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
We strongly advise that disabling the CPU/GPU overclocking feature may help you avoid game crashing or lagging issues. We agree that overclocking will improve game performance, but it can sometimes cause major compatibility issues. So, disable the overclocking feature and see the result.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If all the above solutions fail in your case, then you should uninstall the game from your system. Once done, download and install the game on your system and run the game without any discussed issues.
These are all about the RiffTrax: The Game Crashing, Freezing, Lagging or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.