PowerWash Simulator is a great simulation, a clean fun game recently released from the house of Square Enix Collective. In the game, players use a power washer to wash dirt off objects and buildings in the town of Muckingham while enjoying the soothing sound of high-pressure water. But a few players have pointed out that they encountered crashing and shuttering issues while trying to run the game.
As the game offers a stress-less experience and a relaxing atmosphere, it would be heartbreaking to prevent you from enjoying the game. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions to overcome the PowerWash Simulator crashing or not launching issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background running apps
- Disable antivirus temporarily
- Check System Requirement
If these quick tricks do not help you, then you should follow the below given detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Admin
The first attempt to resolve the PowerWash Simulator crashing or not launching issue is running the game as an administrator. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the PowerWash Simulator installation folder, right-click on the PowerWash Simulator.exe file and select the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Then click on the Compatibility tab from the new screen, tick the checkbox next to Run this program as an administrator option under the Settings section, and click on the OK button.
- Once done, launch the game again and see if the changes helped or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets corrupted or missing, you will end up with a crashing or lagging problem in PowerWash Simulator. In this case, you can check and update your driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + X simultaneously, and from the newly appeared context menu, select the Device Manager option.
- Then expand the section Display adapters, right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, launch the game again and enjoy it well.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes corrupted game files can cause the game to crash and freeze on the startup page. In this case, you should verify the game files and fix the problem quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and navigate to its Library game list.
- Then choose and right-click on the PowerWash Simulator icon and select the Properties option.
- Next, select the Local Files option from the new screen and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, try again to start the game and see the result.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
The overlays feature might be the main reason to trigger crashing or shuttering issues in the PowerWash simulator. In this case, you can turn off the overlay option and start the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open the GeForce Experience and click on its Settings (Gear)icon.
- Then Switch Off Toggle beside the In-game overlay option, and the issue gets solved for you.
- Open Discord and click on its Settings (Gear)icon.
- On the next screen, click on the Overlay option and Switch Off Toggle near to Enable in-game overlay section.
- Finally, you can launch the game without any issues.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows operating system is out of date, it will affect the performance of the system and prevent you from running some games or apps on the system. In this case, you can update your Windows to the latest version and run the game smoothly. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your desktop and click on the Windows update option.
- Then click on the Check for updates tab and wait a few minutes to complete the process.
- Once done, launch the game again and run it smoothly on your system.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
The overclocking feature helps games run faster than they were designed for, but it can sometimes cause problems like crashing or black screen issues. In this case, you can disable the overclocking feature and launch the game again.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times installing the latest Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to run PowerWash Simulator on your system without any lagging or low FPS issues. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Visual C++ Redistributable page via the web browser smoothly.
- Then click on the x64 and x86 files from the page, download, and install them on your system.
- Once done, launch the game again and see if the issue persists.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
Another solution to get rid of the PowerWash Simulator crashing or black screen issue is installing the DirectX package on the system. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the DirectX page via the web browser smoothly.
- Then select the Language from the list, click on the red Download button and continue with the installation process.
- Once done, the discussed issue will not disturb you again.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your system is not compatible with the high visual effects and graphics of the game, then you will face crashing or non-launching problems. Here you need to go to the game Graphic Settings menu, switch to Windowed Mode and lower all the settings in the list to medium.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, you should uninstall the game and reinstall it from a trusted source. This time the game runs fine without any glitches.
These are all about the PowerWash Simulator Crashing/ Shuttering/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.