Persona 5 Royal is the critically acclaimed, award-winning RPG game from Atlus, packed with new characters, loyalists and fight sequences. In the game, you can explore the city of Tokyo and join the Phantom Thieves of Hearts as they commit massive heists, infiltrate the minds of the corrupt and change their minds to glory. But few players are not happy with the game as it crashes on the startup screen and sometimes not launching properly.
If you are also getting the same issue on your game, then you can pursue this article. Here you will get all the possible solutions to get rid of the Persona 5 Royal crashing or lagging issue. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted background running apps
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
Fix 1: Run the Game as Administrator
Sometimes running the game as an administrator will help you to resolve the crashing or not launching issue quickly. To do so,
- Open game installation folder-> right-click on Persona 5 Royal.exe file-> Properties-> select Compatibility tab-> tick Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets corrupted, then you encounter crashing or lagging issue in Persona 5 Royal. In this case, open Device Manager->expand Display adapters-> right-click on Graphics driver and choose Update driver option. Finally, relaunch the game and see the reported issue resolved.
Fix 3: Launch using Dedicated GPU
- Open Graphics Settings page->Graphics Performance Preference->Browse->select Persona 5 Royal and add it to the list.
- Then click on three dots-> select Options-> High performance and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
Another solution to resolve Persona 5 Royal crashing or freezing issue is checking the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Persona 5 Royal-> select Properties-> Local Files->Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Disable Overlays
If your issue persists, then you should disable Overlays feature and relaunch the game.
In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings->disable In-game overlay option, and you can launch the game.
In Discord– click on Settings->Overlay->disable Enable in-game overlay option, and you can launch the game.
Fix 6: Lower Graphics Settings
Sometimes the Persona 5 Royal’ s high graphics and effects might lead to cause Low FPS or black screen issue. Here you should minimize all the in-game Graphics settings and launch the game in Windowed Mode.
Fix 7: Update DirectX
At times reinstalling the DirectX latest version will help you resolve Persona 5 Royal Low FPS issues. To do so,
- Open DirectX->choose Language-> click on Download button, and install the files on your system. Once done, you can start the game and see the changes resolve your issue.
Fix 8: Launch the Game in DX11/DX12
In some instances, launching the game in -dx11 or -dx12 will allow you to run the game without any crashing issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Persona 5 Royal-> Properties-> General tab-> under Launch Options type, -dx11 or -dx12 and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
If you have enabled overclocking feature to enjoy the game immensely, then you might fall into crashing or lagging issues. In this scenario you can disable overclocking feature and relaunch the game to see the result.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you should uninstall the game completely, and then reinstall it from a trusty source. Once done, all of your issues will gets solved, and you can enjoy the game.
These are all about the Persona 5 Royal crashing, freezing, lagging, Low FPS or not launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.