Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is an isometric role-playing game developed by Owlcat Games and is now available on Xbox One, macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Macintosh OS. However, the game has received immense appreciation to date, but like any other PC game, this game is also not free from errors. Recently, several players reported that the game keeps crashing while they click on inquisitor and rogue classes.
There may be several reasons for the same error, but most important is finding solutions for the same issue. Plenty of errors reports appear these days at the official Steam discussions page of Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous. In this article, we have gathered few solutions to tackle Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Freezing and Crashing issues. If you are experiencing the same problem, you can follow this guide to the end to find the appropriate solution to help in your case. Then let’s look in detail,
Fix 1: Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous freezing issue arise on your screen, then suddenly you need to check the integrity of the game files. The game files get corrupted or the graphics glitched, you are not allowed to launch the game. Here in the case of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Freezing issue, you primarily need to check the integrity of games files to resolve the same issue.
- Firstly, launch the STEAM and go to the LIBRARY section.
- Then select and right-click on the game icon and select its Properties.
- Now select the LOCAL FILES tab, and from the result, select Verify integrity of game files option.
- Let the verifying process complete on its own; once completed, check improvement.
On GOG Galaxy:
- Firstly, open GOG Galaxy and go to the Library section and click on the Game.
- Then click on Customize button->Manage Installation->Verify/Repair option.
- Now the GOG Galaxy will begin to verify and repair corrupted files.
Fix 2: Update Graphics:
The graphics driver installed on your system get corrupted or misconfigured; then, the PC games will start to crash and freeze. Here in the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Freezing and Crashing Issue can also occur due to outdated driver. All we can do here is update the graphics driver as soon as possible.
- Firstly, go to the official webpage of your Graphics driver (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel)
- Then select and download the driver compatible with your Windows version.
- Once downloaded, follow the on-screen instruction to install it on your system.
You can also have the option to install the Graphics driver automatically using any third-party driver updating tool. There are several such tools available online; you can select the trusty one from them.
Fix 3: Disable Overlays:
Generally, overlay technology uses to enjoy some exclusive features, but sometimes this overlay will affect the performance of few games. At times, the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Freezing might occur as a result of the Steam overlay. In this scenario, disabling the overlay is the right choice.
- Firstly, open Steam and select Settings from the sidebar.
- Then select the In-Game option from the left pane menu, untick the option beside Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game and click on OK.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Open the Game using the .exe file:
We often try to launch a game by clicking on the shortcut or opening the game from the gaming platform. But one more option is also available, launch the game directly from executable. To open the game from the Executable file, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the Games’s installation library.
- Then double-click over the Executable.
- Now your game will launch from the .exe file.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 5: Delete the registry key:
To resolve the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous disk white error or game hangs at 92% after the character creation; you need to delete the registry key. To delete the registry key, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to launch the RUN dialog box, then type regedit and then click OK.
- Then from the left pane menu, select Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\owlcat and then delete the entry key.
- Once done, restart the system and check the issue is resolved for you or not.
So these are all about the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Freezing issue and its sure solutions. In addition to the above fixes, you can disable the currently installed antivirus or add your game as an exception.
Some suffered users finally managed to escape from the same error by whitelisting the game. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.