It’s time to experience the race against time in a more realistic style with the recently released Need for Speed Unbound racing game. Like previous entries in the Need for Speed series, this game focused on street racing, where you could outrun the cops and take on weekly qualifiers to reach The Grand, Lakeshore’s City.
But the sad part is that few gamers are able to light up the street with their unique driving skills due to the crashing issue.
As per some suffering players, they “can’t load the game. When they click ‘play’, the game crashes straight away. For some players, “after creating a character and choosing a car, the game crashed immediately on startup”.
If you are unable to launch NFS Unbound due to crashing or doesn’t open issues, you can follow this article. Here we have listed some solutions that will help you solve your troubles quickly. Have a look.
Fix 1: Check System Requirements
The first attempt to fix the issue of NFS Unbound not launching is to check that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the game. You can follow this link to know NFS Unbound minimum requirements to run on your system. (Find your system configuration by typing “DxDiag” in the system desktop search box). If your system does not meet the requirements, you need to change your system specs and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Delete DX12 File
As per some gamers, deleting the game Dx12 files helped them to resolve the crashing issue in NFS Unbound quickly. You can also try the same trick and see if helps in your case as well. To do so,
- Open Need for Speed Unbound installation folder-> open Shadercache-> delete the file with dx12.
- Once done, go to Documents -> open Need for Speed Unbound folder->select cache and delete it from the system.
- Now you can relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 3: Launch the Game in Origin
In some cases, you can close or uninstall the EA app and launch the game in Origin to fix the lagging issue of NFS Unbound. Once done, you should be able to run the game without any trouble.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
Sometimes corrupted game files may cause crashing or black screen issues and prevent you from playing the game. Here you can repair game files and launch the game.
In EA App,
- Open EA App->My Collection->select Need for Speed Unbound-> click on three dots and select Repair option and complete the process.
- Open Origin Launcher->My Game Library-> select Need for Speed Unbound-> click on Settings icon-> choose Repair option and complete the process.
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Need for Speed Unbound-> Properties-> Local Files and select Verify integrity of game files.
Fix 5: Update the Driver
Corrupt or outdated graphics drivers can cause the crashing issue in Need for Speed Unbound. In this scenario, you can update your driver to its latest version. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> expand Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver, choose Update driver from the submenu and complete the process.
Fix 6: Delete Save Game Files
Sometimes deleting the saved game files will help you to resolve similar errors. But this process will cause us to lose the game process.
- Open Documents-> select Need for Speed Unbound, click on the Delete button and you are done.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game and restart your PC. When done, you can reinstall the game and check the progress in its performance.
These are the top fixes for the crashing or won’t launch issue in NFS Unbound racing game. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.