Another massive title in racing games, NFS Unbound, was recently released as the 25th instalment in the Need for Speed series. Developed by Criterion Games, the game features an art style that blends elements such as cel-shading and graffiti art without compromising the realistic art style of previous NFS games. But few players have complained that they are not able to play the game because the controller is not working smoothly. Anyway many players have already reported about the crashing and not launching issues in the game.
According to some players, their “NFS Unbound controller is not recognized correctly, and there is no clue about how to fix it”. If you are facing NFS Unbound controller or gamepad won’t work issue, you can follow this article for all possible solutions to overcome it. Then let’s have a look.
Causes for NFS Unbound Controller or Gamepad Not Working Issue
- Incorrectly configured controller
- Eternal connected devices
- Disabled Steam Input
Fixes for the NFS Unbound Controller or Gamepad Not Working Issue
Solution 1: Restart the System
The first attempt to fix the NFS Unbound Controller not working issue is to restart the system. This basic trick will help eliminate most minor glitches and allow you to play the game smoothly.
Solution 2: Enable Steam Input Settings
One of the main causes for the NFS unbound controller won’t recognize issue is disabled Steam input settings. Here you need to enable the settings and launch the game again. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Need for Speed Unbound->Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Then select Controller tab-> click on down Arrow near Override for Need for Speed Unbound option and Enable Steam Input option from the menu and start the game.
- If the issue is not solved, you can disable the Steam Input setting and move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Add EA Desktop App to Steam
Another effective solution to resolve the NFS Unbound Controller or Gamepad not working issue is adding the entire EA Desktop App to Steam as a non-Steam game. Sometimes NFS Unbound doesn’t recognize your controller if you’re playing the game on the EA app. In this case, you should add the EADesktop.exe file as a non-Steam game. To do so,
- Exit from EA App-> launch Steam client-> click on the Games tab-> select Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library->select the Browse button.
- Now locate and select the EADesktop.exe file and add it to the list.
- Then choose Add Selected Programs-> find and click on EADesktop from Steam Library-> click on the Play button.
- Once EA App gets opened, you can start and enjoy the game.
- If the issue is not resolved, then add both NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe and NeedForSpeedUnboundTrial.exe files as a non-Steam game, and start the game again.
Solution 4: Launch the Game in Big Picture Mode
If the issue persists, then you should launch the game using Big Picture Mode. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->select Need For Speed Unbound-> click on Big Picture Mode from the top side of the screen and select Continue.
- Then select Library->Games-> Need For Speed Unbound-> click on the Play button and start the game.
Solution 5: Configure the Controller
Sometimes reconfiguring your controller can help you to get rid of similar issues. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> select Need For Speed Unbound->click on Steam option from the top left corner->Settings from the drop menu.
- Now select the Controller option->click on General Controller Settings->tick the checkbox next to your Controller, and relaunch the game.
These are all about NFS Unbound Controller or Gamepad Not Working issue on PC and its effective fixes. We hope any of the above solutions have helped you play the game without the controller issue. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.