Recently, several New World players have been complaining that they end up with Steam Must Be Running Error and Untrusted System File steamclient64.dll error after the latest update. This is a common error, as well as some players pointing out other issues such as Unrecoverable error, Anti Cheat error and so on. In this article, you will get all the solutions for these issues mentioned above.
There are several reasons for these errors, including Easy Anti-Cheat software, which needs to run the New World, the recent Steam update, Easy Anti-Cheat server is down and many more. If you are also suffering from the same error and need to get rid of it, then you can follow this article. In this article, we have complied some sure solutions for the same issues. Let’s have a look.
- Ensure your Windows is up-to-date.
- Restart the game and console
- Make sure unwanted programs/apps are not running in the background.
- Before moving to the below fixes, you need to have a consistent internet connection.
Fix 1: Repair Using EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe:
You can easily get rid of the Untrusted System File steamclient64.dll and Steam Must Be Running Error by repairing the game using EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe. You can follow these steps to repair the game.
- Firstly, go to Steam library and click on the New World from the list.
- Then select its Settings by click on the gear icon from the right side.
- Now choose the Manage option and click on Browse local files tab. (Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\New World)
- There the New World folder opens for you, and then scroll down and click on the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Inside the EasyAntiCheat folder, you can see the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file.
- Right-click on the same file and choose Run as an administrator.
- Further, in the new window, ensure to select New World from the drop-down menu and click on the Repair Service button.
- Let the process complete on its own.
- Once done, relaunch the game, and the said issue will get solved now.
Fix 2: Update your Driver:
If the Graphic driver installed on your system gets corrupted or missing, you will receive the Untrusted System File steamclient64.dll error, or Steam Must Be Running Error. Here the best possible solution is to update your Graphics driver.
To do so,
To update manually: Go to the driver manufacturer’s official website (NVIDIA or AMD). There locate and select the latest driver update compatible to your system. Once you find one, download and install it on your system.
To update Automatically: You can depend on any third-party driver updating tool. There are several such updating tools available online; select a trusty one from them.
Fix 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files:
Sometimes the Easy Anti-Cheat Untrusted System File error might occur as a result of damaged game files. Here you can get rid of the same issue by verifying the integrity of game files.
To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to LIBRARY.
- From the list, select and right-click over New World and click on Properties.
- In the next window, select the General option and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 4: Update Windows:
If your Windows is outdated, then also you will receive the Steam Must Be Running Error on your system. Here to get of this error, you can update your Windows.
To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘update and Security‘ in the taskbar search box and open relevant search results.
- Then in the Update & Security option, choose Windows Update and click on Check for updates tab now.
- Your Windows will start automatically and install new updates.
Fix 5: Disable your Antivirus:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you will need to uninstall the antivirus, as sometimes antivirus will interfere with the games installed on your system and will lead to cause many errors. So you should disable your antivirus temporarily and check for improvements.
So these are all about the New World Error Untrusted System File steamclient64.dll, Steam Must Be Running Error and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.