Lately, several Windows 11 users have been reporting about the MSVCP140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll & VC++ Runtime Was Not Found Error. Once this error prompt appears on the screen, it prevents users from taking further actions on the system.
If you are also struggling with the same issue and are distracted from completing your daily tasks, then you are in the right place. In this article, we have gathered a few effective solutions to tackle the same error and make you able to run the system smoothly. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package:
If the MSVCP140.dll file is corrupted or missing, then you need to reinstall the Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 package because MSVCP140.dll is a crucial file in this package. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the official website of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Then select the Language and click on the Download button.
- In the newly opened window, select the exact file compatible with your system (x64 or x86).
- Once the files are downloaded, double-click on the same file and install it on your system by following the instructions given on the screen.
- Finally, you can restart the system and check the error disappeared on the screen.
Fix 2: Run SFC Scan:
If the MSVCP140.dll file gets corrupted or damaged, then you need to run an SFC scan. It will detect and repair missing files. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in the search box and open Command Prompt with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or you can copy then paste the following command and then press Enter,
- Now the scanning process might begin and repair corrupted system files.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, type the following commands and press Enter after each command,
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- After executing these above comments, you receive an error message then you need to run the following command and then press Enter,
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
This time you received Error: 0x800F081F, then restart the system, open Command Prompt and type the following command to escape from the same error,
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
- After executing this command, the SFC tool will again detect the missing MSVCP140.dll file and restore it to your system.
- Once done, check the same error is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Install the MSVCP140.dll file:
Another solution to resolve the MSVCP140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll & VC++ Runtime Was Not Found Error is installing the missing .dll file on your system. This trick helped in the case of several users, so you can try the same here. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the DLL-files.com.
- Then in the search box, type MSVCP140.dll and click on the Search for Dll file button.
- Now click on the MSVCP140.dll file and click the Install button.
- Once the file is installed on the system, check the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Affected Program:
If the error prompt that appears on the screen says that reinstalling a specific program from the system might resolve the MSVCP140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll & VC++ Runtime Was Not Found Error; then you need to uninstall that specific program and check for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the Run dialog box, then type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Then inside the newly opened screen, select the program causing the error,
- Right-click over it and select Uninstall button.
- If the prompt appears, click on Yes.
- Once the program is uninstalled completely, restart the system and reinstall the same program from a trusty source.
- Now check the said error persists or not.
Fix 5: Copy the Missing DLL file from Another PC:
Sometimes simply copying the same DLL file from another healthy system might help you to resolve the MSVCP140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll & VC++ Runtime Was Not Found Error on your Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, choose another Windows 11 system running on the same version you are using.
- Then open File Explorer from that computer, locate C:WindowsSystem32, and select and copy the msvcp140.dll file.
- Now paste the same file in your system (in C:WindowsSystem32 folder).
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue persists.
These are all the best 5 fixes to resolve the MSVCP140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll & VC++ Runtime Was Not Found Error on Windows 11. In addition to all these, you can scan your system for the virus. The same error can also occur as a result of any malware. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.