It’s exciting to explore the revitalized Mortal Kombat universe, which includes fan favorites like Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Kitana. Unfortunately, are you experiencing frustrating crashes or stuttering issues when trying to play the enormous fighting game Mortal Kombat 1, then no worries, you are not alone. Many players are experiencing the same issues and are trying hard to find a solution to fix it.
Anyway, here in this article, we will explore several troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues and get you back in the fight. So, let’s dive in and conquer those technical glitches. Have a look.
Before going through the below listed details solution you can check these tricks:
- Check the system requirement to run the game
- Lower Game Graphics Settings,
- Run the game in Compatibility Mode
- Disable background running apps.
Fixes to Resolve Mortal Kombat Crashing or Stuttering on PC
Fix 1: Run the Game as Administrator
One common solution to tackle Mortal Kombat 1 crashes or stuttering is running the game as an administrator. This grants the game the necessary permissions it needs to function optimally. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the game installation folder, right-click on the Mortal Kombat1.exe file and select Properties.
- Next, click on the Compatibility tab and select “Run this program as an administrator” from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control (UAC), click “Yes” to proceed.
By following these steps, you’re allowing the game to utilize system resources and access specific files without any hindrances, potentially resolving crashes and stuttering during gameplay.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can often lead to performance issues in games. Updating your graphics driver to the latest version helps ensure compatibility and provides bug fixes and optimizations. Here’s how you can update your graphics driver:
- Visit the official website of the manufacturer (NVIDIA or AMD) and navigate to the driver download section.
- Look for the latest driver version compatible with your graphics card and operating system.
- Download the driver and follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- After installation, restart your PC to apply the changes.
A refreshed graphics driver often resolves crashes and stuttering issues, providing you with a smoother Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay experience.
Fix 3: Set Refresh Rate of Monitor to 60Hz
Having your monitor’s refresh rate correctly set can significantly impact game performance. Mortal Kombat 1, originally designed to run at 60 frames per second, might encounter issues when the refresh rate is different. To set your monitor’s refresh rate to 60Hz:
- Type ‘display’ in search box and select “Display settings” from the context menu.
- Scroll down to the “Display settings” screen and click on “Advanced display settings.”
- From the drop-down menu in the “Refresh rate” section, choose 60Hz.
- Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
Aligning the refresh rate of your monitor with the game’s target frame rate can potentially eliminate crashes and stuttering issues, ensuring a smoother gaming experience.
Fix 4: Repair Game Files
Over time, game files can become corrupted or damaged, resulting in crashes and performance degradation. The good news is, most gaming platforms offer built-in tools to repair game files. Follow these general steps to repair Mortal Kombat 1 game files:
- Open Steam and from the Library, select Mortal Kombat 1 and right-click on it.
- Then select Properties and click on Local Files from the new screen.
- Next, click on Verify integrity of game files and wait until the process completes.
- Restart your PC and then launch the game.
Repairing game files can restore any damaged or missing components, rectifying crashes or stuttering problems and restoring gameplay stability.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Files
Sometimes, missing or outdated Visual C++ files can cause compatibility issues with games, leading to crashes or stuttering. Installing or updating Visual C++ redistributable packages can potentially resolve these problems. Follow these steps to install Visual C++ files:
- Visit the official Microsoft website or search for “Visual C++ redistributable download.“
- Navigate to the download section corresponding to your operating system architecture (x86 or x64).
- Download the latest redistributable package for your system.
- Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After installation, restart your PC to ensure the changes take effect.
By installing the necessary Visual C++ files, you are providing the required runtime environment for games like Mortal Kombat 1, mitigating crashes and stuttering glitches.
Fix 6: Update Windows
Keeping your Windows operating system up to date is crucial for optimal game performance. Regular Windows updates often include important bug fixes, security patches, and performance optimizations. Here’s how you can update your Windows operating system:
- Open “Settings” screen from the Start menu of the system.
- In the Settings window, choose “Update & Security.”
- Click on “Windows Update” from the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the “Check for updates” button.
- If updates are available, click “Install” to begin the installation process.
- Ensure that all updates are successfully installed and restart your PC if prompted.
Updating Windows helps ensure your system is equipped with the latest improvements, reducing the likelihood of crashes or stuttering while playing Mortal Kombat 1.
Fix 7: Use Dedicated Graphics Card to Launch Game
If your system has both integrated and dedicated graphics cards, ensuring Mortal Kombat 1 uses the more powerful dedicated graphics card can boost performance and reduce crashes. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Open Graphics Settings screen and click in Graphics Performance Preference option, then select Browse button and select Mortal Kombat 1.
- Then from the list click on the three dots beside Mortal Kombat 1 and select Options.
- Next, from the new screen click on High Performance, save changes and relaunch the game.
By instructing the game to utilize the dedicated graphics card, you tap into its full potential, potentially eliminating crashes or stuttering caused by inadequate graphics resources.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game
If none of the solutions listed above help you, you can uninstall the game, it’s all files, and restart the system. After a few minutes, reinstall the game and launch the game smoothly.
With these troubleshooting steps at your disposal, you can now tackle Mortal Kombat 1 Crashing or Stuttering on PC.