Monster Hunter Rise is an action-packed role-playing video game developed by CAPCOM. This game belongs to the sixth generation of the Monster Hunter series and is now available on Windows PC. The game allows you to explore rich ecosystems and engage in battle against terrifying monsters with a variety of weapons and armor. However, in the short time since the game’s release on PC, many players have come forward with complaints that Monster Hunter Rise is crashing into the gameplay and sometimes not launching.
As Monster Hunter Rise is an incredibly successful game, it can be very frustrating if you run into a crashing or logging issue. Of course, there might be a couple of reasons for the same issue, such as outdated drivers, corrupted game files and more. Anyway, to resolve the Monster Hunter Rise Crashing/Lagging and Won’t Launching issue here, we have listed a few fixes. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure any unwanted apps/programs are not running in the background.
- Check your Internet connection stability.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Disable Antivirus temporarily.
- System Requirements to run the game on your system
If the above strategies do not help you, you can go to the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Restart the Game:
As an initial trick to resolve the Monster Hunter Rise crashing and not launching issue, you can restart the system and game more than twice. This process will help you to erase existing bugs and errors from the game. After restarting the system, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 2: Run the Game as Administrator:
Sometimes you need to run the game with the administrator’s privilege to escape from the crashing and freezing issue. While doing so, the game takes all the privileges to run smoothly on the system. To do so,
- Firstly, locate the Monster Hunter Rise installation folder, then right-click over the Monster Hunter Rise.exe file and select the Properties option.
- Inside the Monster Hunter Rise.exe, screen select the Compatibility tab from the top menu list.
- Then go to the Settings section and tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 3: You can Verify Integrity of Game Files:
Another most effective solution to overcome the Monster Hunter Rise crashing and the lagging issue is verifying the integrity of game files. If any game files get corrupted, then the game crash or lag at the launch screen. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam client and go to the Library section.
- Then right-click on Monster Hunter Rise and choose the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the next screen, select the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, restart the game and see now you can run the game or not.
Fix 4: Update Driver:
If your Graphics driver is outdated, then also you will encounter the crashing and shuttering issue on Monster Hunter Rise. The effective solution here is updating the driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box and open the first result from the search list.
- Then expand the option Display adapters in the Device Manager window.
- Now right-click on the Graphics driver and click on the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart your Windows and see the result.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
The Monster Hunter Rise crashing and freezing issue can also occur as a result of outdated Windows. In this scenario, you need to update the Windows to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings, click on the Windows Update option.
- And click on the Check for updates tab and wait to complete the update process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the improvements.
Fix 6: Install Windows Media Feature Pack:
As per some suffered payers installing the Windows Media Feature pack helped them to resolve the Monster Hunter Rise crashing and Won’t launching issue. So, we recommend you can also try the same trick. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Windows Media Feature pack download page.
- Then select the version compatible with your system.
- Once chosen, download the install the pack on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and see the crashing issue resolved from your system.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Files:
At times, installing Visual C++ files make you able to get rid of the Monster Hunter Rise crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the Microsoft Visual C++ download page.
- Click on the X64 and X86 files, download both files on your system.
- Then select the downloaded files and install them on your computer without any trouble.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue again irritating you.
Fix 8: Disable Overlay:
Another solution to isolate the issues of Monster Hunter Rice not crashing or launching is deactivating the overlays. Overlays are helpful for the smooth running of games on the system, which can sometimes adversely affect your game and lead to numerous problems. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and choose the Settings icon on the screen.
- Inside the Settings screen, toggle off the In-game overlay option from the right pane menu.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on Settings on the screen.
- Then select the Overlay option from the left side and toggle off Enable in-game overlay option from the right side.
Fix 9: Update DirectX:
You can install the latest version of DirectX to resolve the Monster Hunter Rice not crashing or shuttering issue. to do so,
- Firstly, go to the DirectX download page.
- Then click on the Download button and install it on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see improvement.
Fix 10 Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not resolve the issue, then you need to uninstall the app from your system completely. Then go to the official site, reinstall the app and see the result.
These are the effective solutions to resolve the Monster Hunter Rise Crashing/Lagging and Won’t Launching issue on PC. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.