A few players have recently complained of getting stuck on the home screen when trying to log in to online services in Modern Warfare 2/ COD Warzone 2.0. As per suffering players, they received an error code “DETRICK GEILENKIRCHEN Connection Failed,” which prevented them from accessing the game.
What Exactly is Warzone 2 Detrick Geilenkirchen Connection Failed Error?
In our detailed study, we would like to suggest that the main cause of the same error is due to game server overload. However, the game developer took to Twitter to say that they are aware of the issue and are working hard to find possible solutions. As of now, no precise solution is available, but we can try a few workarounds that might help you solve the “DETRICK GEILENKIRCHEN Connection Failed” error code as soon as possible. Then let’s try these solutions.
The same issue is not limited to PC gamers, console users have also been affected. No matter which platform you have chosen to play the game, don’t worry; you can rely on the solutions listed below to fix the issue.
How to Fix Detrick Geilenkirchen Connection Failed Error in Warzone 2
Fix 1: Restart the Console
if you are using Xbox, PS4 and PS5 to play the Modern Warfare/Warzone 2, you can restart the console and retry playing the game. You can turn off the console, and after 3 minutes, turn on the console and start the game.
Fix 2: Check Server Status
If the error is not resolved, you need to check the server status of the game and relaunch the game. Head over to the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Twitter account and check for any server issues you may see there. If yes, wait for a few hours and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Change DNS Settings
Sometimes changing the DNS Settings will help you to resolve the “DETRICK – GEILENKIRCHEN” error code Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. To do so
- Go to Settings-> Network->Advanced Settings-> go to DNS Settings-> select Manual option.
- In the new screen, set Primary DNS as 126.96.36.199 and Secondary DNS as 188.8.131.52
- Once done, see if the issue get resolved or not. If not, then change the Primary DNS value to 184.108.40.206 and the Secondary DNS value to 220.127.116.11, save the changes, restart the console and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Clear Mac Address
Another solution is to clear the MAC address and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open Settings-> Network-> Advanced Settings->Alternate MAC Address-> select Clear option.
- Once done, restart the console and retry to run the game.
Fix 5: Run as Administrator
As per some players, running the game with administrative privilege helped them to resolve DETRICK GEILENKIRCHEN in Modern Warfare 2. To do so,
- Go to the game installation folder in your system-> right-click on the Modern Warfare 2.exe file-> choose Properties-> Compatibility tab, select Run this program as an administrator and launch the game.
Fix 6: Disable VPN
In some cases, disabling the VPN service will help you to escape from the Modern Warfare 2 DETRICK GEILENKIRCHEN error code smoothly. You can try the same and see if this trick helps in your case or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game and reinstall its latest version and see if the error persists or not.
These are the workarounds you can try to resolve the Error Code DETRICK GEILENKIRCHEN Connection Failed issue in Modern Warfare 2/ COD Warzone 2.0. If you have any concerns related to the above information, you can list your doubts in the command box below.