After installing the latest update Windows 11 22H2, a few users recently complained that their microphone was not working properly and they had problems communicating with their friends in online games. If you can’t communicate online using your microphone, it can be annoying and prevent you from operating the system as intended.
If you are experiencing the same issue of microphone not working windows 11 update, you can go through this article to get your microphone working again. So read this article to know how to solve your problem. Have a look.
Microphone Not Working Windows 11 Update – Fix
Fix 1: Check Privacy Settings
The first attempt to fix the microphone stop working problem is to check and make sure that your privacy settings still allow access to your microphone. To do so,
- Open the Start menu-> Settings-> Privacy->choose the Microphone option and turn ON Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Then choose “Choose which apps can access your microphone“-> find your audio applications on the list.
- If not, add them to the list and click on the Allow button
- Finally, you can check if your microphone is working well or not.
Fix 2: Restart your PC
If the issue persists, then you should restart the system. This process will help eliminate temporary issues that may be causing the microphone to stop working on your system. To do so,
- Click on the Start button->Power option-> choose Restart option.
- Once your system restarts, check whether the issue is still bothering you or not.
Fix 3: Update Driver
Another solution to resolve the same issue is updating the driver in your Windows 11. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> expand Audio inputs and outputs-> right-click on Microphone driver and select Update driver.
- Or, you can go to the Audio card manufacturer’s website, search for the latest update, download and install it on your system and see the result.
If you don’t want to go through the update process manually, you can continue the process depending on any trusted third-party driver update tool.
Fix 4: Run Troubleshooter
If your microphone isn’t working after updating to Windows 11 22H2, then you can try to run the troubleshooter to resolve the issue. To do so,
- Open Control Panel-> Troubleshooting->Hardware and Sound->Troubleshoot audio playback and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
- Once done, restart the system and see if your microphone is now working correctly or not.
Fix 5: Turn Off Fast Startup
Sometimes turning off the Fast Startup feature will help you to escape from the Microphone not working issue in Windows 11. To do so,
- Open Control Panel->select Hardware and Sound->Power Options-> select Choose what the power button does.
- Then click on Change Settings that are currently unavailable-> under Shutdown settings-> disable Turn on fast startup option and click on the Save button.
- Once done, you can restart the system and check if your microphone is working now or not.
Fix 6: Disable Antivirus
In most cases, the antivirus tool installed on your system may interfere with some programs and cause many problems. In this case, you can disable your antivirus tool temporarily and see if it solves your issue or not. If the issue is with your antivirus, you should switch to a new reliable antivirus application.
These are the common fixes for the Microphone Stops Working issue after Windows 11 22H2 update. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.