Marvel’s Midnight Sons is a massive RPG strategy role-playing game developed by Firaxis Games. The game facilitates you to fight and strategize like a superhero in the darkest corners of the Marvel universe.
But unfortunately, a few players have complained that they are unable to play Marvel’s Midnight Suns due to a stuttering/crashing issue at the startup screen.
According to early reviews, “the game stutters randomly, FPS dropped to 40 during combat” for some players. If you are getting similar issues, you can follow this article to resume gameplay quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
If you are not able to launch the game on your system then you should try to run the game with administrative privilege. To do so,
- Go to the game installation folder->right-click on MidnightSuns.exe tile-> Properties-> Compatibility tab-> choose Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Disable the 2K Launcher
As per some players, launching the game directly from the game installation folder helped them get rid of the stuttering issue. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Marvel’s Midnight Suns-> Manage->Browse local files-> click on MidnightSuns.exe files to launch the game directly.
Fix 3: Launch the Game in Dx11
Sometimes, launching the game in -dx11 will help you to resolve the stuttering issue in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Marvel’s Midnight Suns->Properties-> General tab-> under Launch Options, type “-dx11” and launch the game.
Fix 4: Edit Settings
In some cases, changing some in-game graphics settings can help you quickly fix the low FPS problem in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. To do so,
Open the game’s Graphics Settings menu->Graphics and change these settings-
- Frame rate to unlimited
- Ray Tracing Reflections to OFF
- Ray Tracing Ambient Occlusion to OFF
- DLSS to balanced
Fix 5: Enable V-Sync
Another solution to resolve the FPS drop issue in Marvel’s Midnight Suns is enabling V-Sync. To do so,
- In NVIDIA– open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync->turn ON Sync option and start the game.
- In IntelHD– open IntelHD Control Panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync-> turn ON VSync option and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Update Driver
If the stuttering issue persists in your game, you should update your graphics driver from the Device Manager window and relaunch the game. Open Device Manager-> Display adapters-> right-click on Graphics driver and continue with the update process.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
Reinstalling the game helped a few players to fix the crashing or stuttering issue smoothly. You can uninstall Marvel’s Midnight Suns from the system, reinstall its latest version and see the issue resolved.
We hope that at the end of this article, your Marvel’s Midnight Sons stuttering issue will get solved. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.