Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is an action-packed stunning video game developed by Eidos-Montreal. And this game is considered to be the biggest release of 2021. Besides the rich entertainment features, this game is not free from errors and issues. Recently, several players have been reporting that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy crashing and freezing on their system.
Game developers release new patches at regular intervals, but even then, some players are disappointed with the flaws in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Anyway, we have compiled a few reliable solutions to quickly fix all the issues mentioned above in this article. If you have a similar problem, you are in the right place; read to the end of this article to get all the reliable solutions. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure unnecessary apps are not running in the background. It may cause to slow down the system’s performance and lead the game to crash.
- Check your network connectivity speed. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, then switch to a wired connection.
- You can Disable your Antivirus temporarily and check now the game running properly.
- Update your Windows.
- Restart your game console and system.
If you tried these above tricks and the issue is still there, then you need to move to the sure solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Launch the Game with Administrator Privilege:
Before trying any solutions, you need to launch the game with administrative access. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy might be crashing or freezing due to the lack of administrative rights. So, launch the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Firstly, open Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy installation folder, then right-click on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.exe file and select its Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Now from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.exe window, select the Compatability tab from the top horizontal menu.
- Now move to the Settings section, tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator and click on the OK button.
- Once done, check whether the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
If your Graphics driver is damaged or missing, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will crash or freeze on the system. All you can do here is update the driver to the latest version and check for improvements. To do so,
- Firstly, click on the Start button and in the search bar, type Device Manager and open the relevant search result.
- Then inside the Device Manager window, click and expand the Display adapters section and select your Graphics driver.
- Now right-click on the Graphics driver and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, the game crashing or freezing issue might get resolved for you.
If the manual process is tedious and time-consuming, you can rely on any third-party driver update tool. There are many update tools available online, from which you can choose the trusted one.
Fix 3: Switch out of the Game and Back in:
If the Black Screen appeared on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, then you should switch out of the game and return to the game after a few seconds. To do so,
- Firstly, press the Alt + Tab key simultaneously to exit from the game.
- Then after a few seconds, again press the Alt + Tab key simultaneously to switch back into the game.
- Now the said issue might get resolved for you.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
Sometimes the enabled Overlays might interfere with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and cause to block game files. In this case, you need to disable Overlays and run the game without any hassle. To do so,
- Firstly, Launch Steam and select Library.
- Then right-click on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and select the Properties option in the sub-menu.
- Now Select the General option from the left pane menu and untick the checkbox beside the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
In GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Switch to Windowed Mode:
Another solution to overcome Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Black Screen issue is to switch to Windowed Mode. You can follow the below-given steps to move to Windowed Mode,
- While running the game on your PC, press the Alt + Enter button altogether to switch to the Windowed mode.
- As well as, you can switch to the Full-Screen Mode by pressing Alt + Enter button altogether.
- Once done, the said issue will get resolved in your system.
Fix 6: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If any of the above solutions did not help you, then you need to verify the integrity of game files. Damaged or missing game files can also cause crashing and freezing issues. To check the integrity of game files, follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to its LIBRARY.
- Then select and right-click on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and then select its Properties.
- In the newly opened window, select the Local Files option and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, check whether the crashing and freezing issue is resolved or not.
At the end of this article, we hope that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Crashing / Freezing and Black Screen issue is resolved for you. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.