Life is Strange: True Colors is an adventurous graphics video game designed by Deck Nine. The game was released on September 10, 2021, on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows, Google Stadia and recently on Nintendo Switch platforms. Unfortunately, like any other game, the Life is Strange: True Colors is not free from errors and bugs.
Recently several players reported that Life is Strange: True Colors is crashing and preventing them from enjoying the game more; similarly, the low-level fatal line 3946 error is frequently encountered. If you are also suffering from the same issue, then you are in the right place. In this article, we have gathered few solutions to overcome the same issue. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Install the Latest game Patch:
Game developers have recently released a new patch called DLC of Life is Strange to fix the DX12 + RTC outfit pack crashing problem. However, this new patch will not download automatically. So, to resolve the Life is Strange: True Colors crash and fatal error problem, you need to install the latest patch.
- Firstly, launch the Steam and select the LIBRARY.
- Then from the game list, select and right-click over Life is Strange: True Colors, and from the drop-down menu, click on UPDATE.
- If found any update, follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the latest update.
- Once done, check the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
If your Graphics driver installed on your system is corrupted or outdated, then the Life is Strange True Colors crashes. Here the best possible solution is updating your Graphic driver. To update the Graphic driver, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then in the Device Manager window, expand the option Display adapters and select the driver you need to update.
- Right-click over the Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the update process quickly.
- Once done, restart the system and check the issue is resolved for you or not.
You can also update your Graphics card using any third-party driver updating tool. There are several such tools available online; you can use a reliable one from them.
Fix 3: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
Another sure solution to resolve the Life is Strange: True Colors is crashing is verifying the integrity of game files; you can follow these below steps to check the integrity of game files.
- Firstly, launch the Steam and select LIBRARY.
- Then, from the games list, select the Life is Strange: True Colors, right-click over it and select its Properties.
- Now from the left pane menu, select LOCAL FILES and then click on the Verify the integrity of game files.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check you can play the game without any issue or not.
Fix 4: Launch the game in DirectX 11:
If you are not able to play the Life is Strange: True Colors in DirectX 12, then you can open it with DirectX 11. Several users applied this solution and worked for them. So here we strongly recommend the same solution in your case also.
- Firstly, launch the Steam and select LIBRARY.
- Then locate and right-click over the Life is Strange: True Colors and select its Properties.
- Now select GENERAL from the left pane menu and type -dx11 under the Launch Options.
- Further, launch the game, and in the prompt, you will get two options; in which, click on the radio button beside the option Play Life is Strange: True Colors.
- Finally, click on the Play button and check for improvement.
Fix 5: Edit the Graphics settings:
Sometimes the Higher Graphics settings can also lead the game to crash and occur fatal errors. Here the best possible solution is to turn down the in-game graphics. To turn down the in-game graphics, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, launch the Life is Strange: True Colors and go to Settings.
- Then click on Video and modify the Display Mode as Windowed/Borderless and Graphics Quality as Low/Medium.
- Now besides the Advanced Video, click over Edit, then in the list, set each option to Low or Medium.
- Finally, click on Apply and relaunch the game and then check for improvement.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Game:
In case all the above solutions failed in your case to resolve the Life is Strange: True Colors Crashing and Fatal Error Issue, then you need to uninstall the game and reinstall it from its official website.
To uninstall the game, follow these steps,
- Firstly, type apps in the taskbar search box and open the Apps & Features option.
- Then from the list, locate and click over the Life is Strange: True Colors and click on Uninstall tab.
- Once the game is completely uninstalled, then download and install the game freshly from its official website.
These are all about the Life is Strange: True Colors crashing, fatal error issues, and sure solutions. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.