A group of Humankind game players recently reported a complaint the Humankind not launching and the game forcibly disconnected without any indication. Thought the newly released 4X multiplayer game is also not free from errors. Don’t need to worry; this is a simple issue, and we have plenty of potential fixes for the same issues.
There might be several reasons for the Humankind not launching issue. But right now, we don’t need to go to the root cause of the error. Instead of that, we have to condense on sure-shot fixes. In this article, we have gathered some solutions to resolve the same error quickly. Let’s see them in detail,
Fix 1: Verify Game Files:
If the game files get corrupted or damaged, then you will not be able to launch Humankind. Here as a foremost trick to tackle the Humankind not launching issue is verifying the game files. To verify game files, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open the Steam LIBRARY and right-click over the Humankind and select its Properties.
- Then select LOCAL FILES from the left pane menu and then click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done. Restart the system and check the issue is resolved in your case or not.
- Firstly, open Epic Games Library and select Humankind.
- Then click over the three-dot icon and then select the Verify option.
- Once the scanning process is completed, restart the system and check whether the issue got resolved or not.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
The outdated or missing graphics diver can also cause Humankind not launching issues. Here the best solution is to update the driver and check for improvement.
- Firstly, go to the Graphics driver manufactures official website and check for the latest updates.
- If available, download and install it on your system.
- Make sure the selected update is compatible with your Operating System (32bit or 62bit).
You can also update the driver automatically with the help of any third-party automatic update tool. The tool not only updates your driver but also looks for any pending updates in your system; if found anyone, update it as well.
Fix 3: Open the Game with Administrative Access:
Sometimes you can quickly resolve the Humankind not launching issue by running the game with administrative access. Here is how you can launch the game as Admin,
- Firstly, search for the executable for the Humankind and Game Launcher.
It might be located in the following path normally,
Humankind: C:\\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Humankind Or, C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Humankind For Steam: C:\\Program Files (x86)\Steam For Epic: C:\\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64
- Then right-click over the executable file and select its Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK button.
Fix 4: Remove Old Game Files from OpenDev/Closed Beta:
Some suffered users finally managed to launch the Humankind game without any trouble by deleting the previous game’s files. However, these old game files might be preventing you from launching the Humankind drastically. Here you need to delete the local game files; for that, go to Users\[Your Username]\Documents\Humankind\ here, you need to delete all the folders related to Humankind.
Fix 5: Reinstall DirectX:
DirectX files are important to run the games on your system; in case the same files get corrupted or damaged, you would not be allowed to launch the Humankind game. The simple solution for this is reinstalling DirectX.
- Option 1: go to the Official website of Microsoft DirectX, select the Language, click on the Download tab, and install it on your system.
- Option 2: Locate to
- Then to reinstall DirectX run the DXSETUP.exe file.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 6: Reinstall C++ Redistribution:
Reinstalling DirectX didn’t help you to launch the Humankind smoothly then you need to reinstall C++ Redistribution also. You can download it from the Microsoft Official website and install it on your system.
Fix 7: Clean Boot the System:
If none of the above solutions come in your help, then you need to run a Clean Boot. To perform Clean Boot, follow these steps,
- Firstly, type msconfig in the taskbar search box and select System Configuration from the search result.
- In the System Configuration window, select the Services tab from the top vertical menu and tick the checkbox beside Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all and OK button.
- Then move to the Startup tab and click over Open Task Manager.
- Inside the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and then Disable all the services.
- Finally, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved in your case or not.
These are all about the Humankind not launching or disconnected issue. The fixes mentioned above are tried, texted, and proved by professional experts. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.