Hell Pie is an excellent obscene 3D platformer game developed by Sluggerfly, which is treading on the path of grotesque and obscene humour. In the game, players can join the cute devil Nate and his pet angel Nugget in the honourable task of collecting disgusting ingredients for Satan’s birthday pie. But unfortunately, quite a few players reported that they were unable to run the game due to the crashing or freezing issue.
There can be different reasons for the same problem, but finding the right solution for them is a huge task. Anyway, in this article, we have gathered a few solutions to overcome your issues in Hell Pie and make you able to start the game faster and smoother. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background apps/services
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Check System Requirement
If any of these solutions do not help to resolve your issue, then you can try below given detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
If your Hell Pie game is crashing or not launching on your system, then you should run the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Hell Pie installation folder, right-click on the Hell Pie.exe file and choose its Properties.
- On the new screen, click on the Compatibility tab from the top menu, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator option and click OK.
- Once done, you can start the game again and see the improvement.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes a corrupted or damaged graphics driver can trigger a crashing or freezing problem on Hell Pie. Here you need to update your driver to the latest version and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + X and select the Device Manager from the context menu list.
- Then expand the section Display adapters, right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue to resolve in your case.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Corrupt game files can cause Hell Pie to crash or lag at the startup screen. In this case, it would be best to check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and go to its Library, choose and right-click on Hell Pie and select its Properties option.
- In the new window, choose the Local Files option and click on the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, relaunch and run the game on your system.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
Overlays help to improve game performance, but sometimes this feature might lead to cause crashing or shuttering issues and prevent you from running the game. In this case, you need to disable overlays and launch the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience, select and open the Settings icon from the screen.
- Then Turn Off the toggle beside the In-game overlay and run the game.
- Open Discord, select and open the Settings icon from the screen
- Inside the Settings screen, choose the Overlay option and Turn Off toggle beside the Enable in-game overlay option.
- Once done, you can start the game without any trouble.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows is not updated, then this leads to an incompatibility issue, and the game won’t run on your system. In this case, you need to update your Windows as soon as possible to get rid of the same problem. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu, locate and choose the Windows update option from the screen.
- Then click on the Check for updates tab and let the up-gradation process complete on its own.
- Once done, you can start the game on your system.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
Overclocking feature helps to bring out the best game performance, but sometimes this feature causes the game to crash or freeze on your system. This time you can disable the overlay feature and run the game smoothly.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
If the Visual C++ Redistributable package is missing or damaged, you won’t be able to run any game on your system, leading to low FPS or black screen problems. Here you can reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable package and run the game. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your web browser to reach the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then choose both x64 and x86 files, download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see its improvement.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
DirectX is an application programming interface that helps improve multimedia experiences such as game graphics, network gaming, and more. If you don’t have DirectX in your system, you might face a black screen or crashing issue in your game. In this case, you need to install DirectX and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your web browser to reach the DirectX page.
- Inside the new screen, choose your Language and click on the Download button.
- Once done, install the file on your system and launch the game again.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
Sometimes the game’s high visual effects and graphics can cause crashing or low FPS issues. Here you need to move to the game’s Graphics Settings page, lower all settings to medium and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps in your case, you can uninstall the game and associated files from the system. Once done, you can reinstall the game from a reliable source.
These are all about the Hell Pie Crashing/ Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.