Hard West 2 is a massive turn-based strategy game is sets in a dark fantasy Wild West world. In the game you can take control of a supernatural character and embark on a journey into the heart of darkness with a mission to catch the mysterious Ghost Train. But a few players pointed out that they are unable to play the game due to the crashing issue on the startup screen.
If you find yourself in the same pitiful situation, then you can follow this article. Here we have listed a few quick and effective solutions to overcome the problem of Hard West 2 not launching or crashing permanently. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close Background running unwanted services/apps
- Lower Graphics settings
- Check system requirement
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the Hard West 2 crashing or lagging issue is running the game with admin access. To do so,
- Open Hard West 2 installation folder-> right-click on Hard West 2.exe file-> Properties-> select Compatibility tab-> select Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, start the game to see the result.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes updating your driver will help you to escape from the Hard West 2 crashing or not launching issue. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> expand Display adapters section->right-click on Graphics driver-> select Update driver option.
- Once done, relaunch the game to see improvement.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
In some instances verifying the game files might help you resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->select Library->right-click on Hard West 2 icon->click Properties option->select Local Files-> choose Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, restart the game and see its improvement.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
Open Discord-> choose Settings icon->Overlay->turn off toggle beside Enable in-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->choose Settings icon-> turn off Enable in-game Overlay option.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will help you to resolve the Hard West 2 Crashing or black screen issue quickly. To do so,
- Open your browser-> navigate to Visual C++ Redistributable page-> choose x64, x86 files and install selected files on your system.
- Once done, restart the game and see the game’s performance.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
At times, it is important to install DirectX to run any multimedia programs on your system smoothly. So, install DirectX on your system and try again to run the game. To do so,
- Open your browser->navigate to DirectX page->select your Language-> click on Download button.
- Once done, install the program on your system and start the game.
Fix 7: Update Windows
In most cases, outdated Windows can lead the game crashing or freezing at the startup screen. In this case, you should check and update your Windows to the latest build and see the result. To do so,
- Open Settings menu->Windows update->click on Check for updates and complete the process.
- Once done, you can start the game and see the issue persists on the startup screen.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
In most cases disabling the Overclocking feature might resolve your issues in Hard West 2 as quick as possible. So, disable Overclocking feature and see the said issue resolved or not.
Fix 9: Turn Off VSync
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->choose its Manage 3D Settings-> select Virtual Sync -> then disable VSync.
- Open IntelHD graphics Control Panel->select the 3D General Settings->choose Custom Settings-> finally disable Virtual Sync and see the issue resolved.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If any of the above solutions do not help in your case, then you should uninstall the game from your PC. Once done, restart the system, reinstall the game and check its progress.
These are all about the Hard West 2 Crashing/ Freezing/ Lagging/ Low FPS/ Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.