Grounded is a massive first-person, multiplayer survival game where players have to try to survive from giant insects in the backyard. This game is more interesting because it is a true story involving scientists with secrets and the players have to play as young kid as they have been shrunk to the size of an ant. But few players are unhappy with the game as it crashes on their PC and not launching smoothly.
If you have similar issues, you can rely on this article. Here we have listed a few solutions that will help you quickly fix the crashing or lagging issue on Grounded. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest Game patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted apps/services running in the background
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
If these solutions do not help you, then you need to go through the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Admin
The first solution to resolve the Grounded crashing or not launching issue is running the game as an administrator. To do so,
- Open game installation folder->right-click on Grounded.exe file-> choose Properties.
- Now select Compatibility tab from the new screen-> choose Run this game as an administrator option and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Check Game Files
Sometimes repairing the game files will let you escape from the crashing or freezing issue quickly. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click Grounded icon-> choose Properties.Select Local Files-> click on Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Update Driver
At times updating your graphics driver and all other drivers in your system will allow you to get rid of the grounded crashing or lagging issues. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters->select and right-click on Graphics driver->Update driver.
- Once the process completed, relaunch the game to feel the improvement.
Fix 4: Run on Dedicated GPU
Sometimes running the game using a dedicated GPU will allow you to escape from the same issues. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings screen->select Graphics Performance Preference-> click on Browse button.
- Now go to game installation folder->select Grounded.exe file, and add to the list.
- Then click on the three dots beside Grounded-> choose Options.
- And select the High Performance from the new prompt and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Launch in DirectX11
In some cases, launching the game in DirectX11 will help you to escape from the crashing or not launching issue in Grounded. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Grounded-> click Properties option.
- Now choose General tab-> go to Launch Options-> type -dx11 and save the changes.
- Finally, relaunch the game see the game is launching smoothly or not.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
Another solution to fix the grounded stuttering or black screen issue is to install the latest version of the DirectX package. To do so,
- Open DirectX webpage-> select Language->click Download button.
- Now relaunch the game and see its performance.
Fix 7: Disable Overlay
In most cases disabling the overlay option might help you to escape from the same issues. To do so,
In Discord– Click on Settings->Overlay option-> turn off Enable in-game overlay and start the game.
In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings icon->turn off In-game overlay option and start the game.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times simply reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable might resolve Low FPS or lagging issue in Grounded. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable-> select and download x64, x86 files.
- Now install the downloaded files on your system and check the issue resolved for you or not.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
If you have enabled the overclocking feature, it is better to disable the same feature, and relaunch the game. The overclocking tool is helpful in improving the performance of your game, but sometimes it can lead to crashing or lagging issues.
Fix 10: Lower Graphics Settings
These similar issues can occur as a result of your game’s high visuals and graphics settings. Here you need to go to the game Graphics Settings menu, switch to Windowed Mode and lower all settings in the list. Once done, you can relaunch the game and check if the issue resolved for you.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help, you can quickly uninstall the game and associated files from your system. Once done, reinstall the game and try running the game again to see its improvement.
These are all about the Grounded Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Low FPS or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.