Refugium Games released the adventurous survival horror game Greyhill Incident recently on all major gaming platforms. The game takes players to the early 90s to the atmospheric neighborhood of Greyhill which is invaded by Aliens and UFOs. But few players are not happy with the game, because while they started to run the game they fell into crashing and freezing issues.
If you are experiencing a crashing or freezing issue in the Greyhill Incident, then you are at the right place. Here in this article we have listed a few solutions that might help you to resolve the same issues as early as possible. Then go through the below given solution and resume the gameplay smoothly.
Fix 1: Run As Admin
The first solution to resolve the Greyhill Incident crashing or freezing issue is running the game as administrator on your system.
- Open the Greyhill Incident installation folder and right-click on GreyhillIncident.exe file.
- On the new screen, select the Compatibility tab from the top and tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, you can resume the gameplay.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might be causing crashing or lagging issues in the Greyhill Incident game. Here it might be helpful to update the driver to the latest version.
- Open Device Manager, expand the Display adapters section, right-click on Graphics driver and choose Update driver from the sun-menu.
- Finally, relaunch the game and enjoy the gameplay smoothly.
Fix 3: Repair Game Files
If any game files get damaged then also you will encounter similar issues. So, repair the game files and see the result.
- Open Steam, go to its Library, right-click on Greyhill Incident and choose the Properties option.
- Then select Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files and see the issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Lower Graphics Settings
If you are facing visual glitches in Greyhill Incident, then you should lower in-game graphics settings.
- Open the game’s Graphics Settings page, set display mode as “Windowed Mode”.
- Then lower all the Settings in the list and see the issue get resolved for you.
Fix 5: Disable Overlays
In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings icon and toggle off besside In-game overlay option and start the game.
In Discord- Click on Settings icon, choose Overlay and toggle off beside Enable in-game overlay option and start the game.
Fix 6: Use Dedicated GPU
As the game has a high graphics resolution, launching it using an integrated graphics card is a good choice. To do so,
- Open the Graphics Settings window on your system and click on Graphics Performance Preference.
- Then click on the Browse button and select Grayhill Incident from its installation folder and add it to the list.
- Then locate the Greyhill Incident from the list, click on three dots and select Options.
- On the new screen, select the High Performance option and start the game.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above listed fixes help you, then uninstall Greyhill Incident from the device completely. Once done, reinstall the game from a trusted source and enjoy the gameplay.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Greyhill Incident crashing or Freezing issues. Along with all these solutions you should check and update your system and make sure your system meets minimum requirements to run the game smoothly.