Ghostwire: Tokyo is a marvellous first-person action-adventurous video game developed by Tango Gameworks. In the game, players can utilize paranormal and different psychic skills to combat with ghosts and spirits that haunt the city of Tokyo. But unfortunately, Ghostwire: Tokyo is struggling with some technical issues, with some players complaining that the game crashes and shutters at startup.
These issues are quite common to new releases due to corrupted game files, damaged drivers, and many more. If you are also struggling with the Ghostwire: Tokyo crashing or not launching issue, then you can go through this article to get meticulous solutions for the same. Then without any delay, let’s go straight to the detailed solutions given below.
- Disable unwanted apps/services running in the background
- Install the latest game patch
- Temporarily disable Antivirus
- Check System requirement
If the workarounds listed above do not help you, you should move to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run the Game as Administrator
The initial step to resolve the crashing and shuttering issue in Ghostwire: Tokyo is running the game as administrator. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Ghostwire: Tokyo installation page, right-click on the Ghostwire: Tokyo.exe file, and open its Properties window.
- Inside the newly opened screen, select the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator and click on the OK button.
- Finally, restart the system and relaunch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 2: Update Driver
In most cases, a corrupted Graphics driver might trigger crashing and freezing issues, and players will not be able to run the game. In this scenario, you should update the driver and run the game without any trouble. To do so,
- Firstly, type “Device Manager” on your search text box and open the top search result.
- Inside the new window, expand the section Display adapters and choose the driver to update.
- Then right-click on the chosen Graphics driver and click on the Update driver option from the sub-menu list.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue is disturbing you anymore or not.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
Sometimes simply checking the integrity of game files might help you to resolve the Ghostwire: Tokyo crashing or shuttering issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and open its Library section.
- Then select and right-click on the Ghostwire: Tokyo from the game list and click on its Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, select the Local Files from the left side and click on the Verify Integrity of game files option from the right pane.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check the irritating issue is resolved for you or not.
In Epic Games,
- Firstly, open Epic Games and open its Library section.
- Then select the Ghostwire: Tokyo and click on the three dots beside the same.
- Now click on the Verify option from the sub-menu and let the process complete on its own.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the game again crashing or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
If you enable the overlay feature to improve the performance of the game, you are likely to run into a crashing or black screen problem. The acceptable solution here is to disable the overlays as soon as possible. You can disable GeForce Experience, Discord, Steam overlays, and third-party tools as well.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows Operating is running with older updates, then you need to update the Windows to the latest version quickly; thereafter, run the game and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Settings menu on your screen.
- Select the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button from the newly opened screen.
- Finally, try again to run the game feel the improvement after the update.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
Another solution to get rid of the Ghostwire: Tokyo crashing or not launching issue is reinstalling the DirectX. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser on the system and go to the Microsoft DirectX webpage.
- Then you can click on the Download red button and install it on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the issue disappear from your game.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times, updating the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to run the Ghostwire: Tokyo without any crashing or shuttering issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser, go to the Visual C++ Redistributable webpage and click on the X64 and X86 files.
- Then download and install them on your system as quickly as possible.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check the disturbing issue is again occurring or not.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
Sometimes lowering all the graphics settings in your game might help you to escape from the crashing or lagging issue. You can go to the game graphics settings menu and lower all the features in the list.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If any of the above fixes do not help you get rid of the Ghostwire: Tokyo crashing or not launching issue, then you need to uninstall the game completely. Then reinstall the game freshly and play it without any trouble.
These are all about the Ghostwire: Tokyo Crashing/Shuttering/Black Screen or Not Launching on PC and its top fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.