The time has arrived for football fans to enjoy the beautiful game in their own way and become real managers by taking charge of the biggest football teams in the world. Sports Interactive’s latest game in the Football Manager series, Football Manager 2023, has been released on all major platforms with new gameplay features. But unfortunately, some players who have downloaded the game have reported that they are unable to play the game due to crashing and lagging issues.
If you can’t enjoy the game as expected, then don’t worry, you are in the right place. In this article, we have gathered a few quick solutions that would help you resolve Football Manager 2023 crashing or not launching issue. Then let’s have a look.
- Install Latest Game Patch
- Close unwanted background running App/Services
- Disable Antivirus
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
If these solutions do not help in your case, then you can follow the detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Update Driver
The first solution to resolve the Football Manager 2023 crashing or lagging issue is updating your Graphics driver. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display Adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> Update driver option, complete the process and start the game.
Fix 2: Run the Game as Administrator
If Football Manager 2023 starts crashing at your startup screen, then you need to launch the game with administrative privilege. To do so,
- Open the Game installation folder->right-click on FootballManager2023.exe file-> Properties-> Compatibility tab->tick Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Lower Graphics Settings
Another solution is to lower the graphics settings in the game and relaunch the game. Sometimes the high-quality graphics of the game will not be compatible with your system and cause crashes or freeze issues. Here go to the Game Graphics Settings page and minimize all the settings in the list. In addition, you can open the game in Windowed Mode as well.
Fix 4: Launch the Game on Dedicated GPU
In most cases, launching the game using a dedicated GPU will allow you to resolve crashing or stuttering issues. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings page->Graphics Performance Preference->click on Browse-> select FootballManager2023.exe file and add it to the list.
- Then select Football Manager 2023 from the list-> click on Three dots->Options ->select High Performance and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Disable Overlay
If you are using a third-party overlay feature to improve the game’s performance, then it may lead to similar issues. Here you can turn off the overlay feature and start the game. To do so,
- In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> toggle Off the In-game Overlay option and relaunch the game.
- In Discord– Click on Settings-> select Overlay->toggle off Enable in-game Overlay option and start the game again.
Fix 6: Verify Game Files
Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Football Manager 2023->Properties-> Loal Files-> Verify integrity of game files.
In Epic Games,
Open Epic Games Launcher->Library->Football Manager 2023->click on three dots->Manage-> choose Verify option.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
If you encountered Low FPS or Black screen issue in Football Manager 2023, then you need to reinstall the latest DirectX package. To do so,
- Open the DirectX page-> select Language-> click on the Download button and install it on your system. Once done, you can relaunch the game and see if the issue persists or not.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to play the game smoothly on your PC. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable->click and download X64 and X86 files-> install them on your system and relaunch the game to see its performance.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
At times, disabling the Overclocking feature might help you resolve crash or not launching issue in Football Manager 2023 smoothly.
Fix 10: Disable VSync
Disabling VSync will help you to play the game without crashing or lagging issues. To do so,
- In NVIDIA– Open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync-> disable Sync option and relaunch the game.
- In IntelHD– Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync and turn off the Sync option and relaunch the game.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above fixes helps you, then you should uninstall the game and reinstall it from a trusted source and relaunch the game.
These are all about the Football Manager 2023 crashing, lagging, low FPS, freezing or Not Launching issues on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.