Five Nights at Freddie: Security Breach is one of the biggest announcements of 2021. Within days of its release, the game was downloaded by millions of players and received good feedback commands. Like any other online video game, this FNAF Security Breach is not free from errors. Several players nowadays reported they are encountering crashing or the game won’t launching issue.
There are many possibilities for this issue including, outdated drivers, corrupted game files, Overlay and many more. If you are also in the same queue, then you can stick on to this full-length guide to get all the possible solutions to get over the Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach Crashing/Shuttering or Won’t Launching on the issue on PC. Let’s have a look,
- Check your system meets the minimum requirement to run the game on your PC.
- Disable all unwanted applications running in the background.
- Restart the PC, game console and game.
- Temporarily disable antivirus.
Fix 1: You need to Run the Game with Administrator access:
As a first attempt to resolve the Five Nights at Freddie: Security Breach crashing issue is run the game with administrator access. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the FNAF Security Breach installation folder, then right-click on this FNAF Security Breach.exe file.
- And select the Properties window.
- Inside the new window, select the Compatibility tab and then tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section.
- Finally, click on OK and see your game is crashing or not.
Fix 2: Update Drivers:
If you can’t launch the game properly on your system, then you need to check and update your driver to the latest version. Sometimes an outdated or missing graphics driver might not allow you to launch the game on your PC. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your taskbar search box and open relevant search results.
- Then select and expand the option Display adapters and select your graphics driver you need to update.
- Right-click on the chosen driver, click on the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and see the discussed issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Repair Game Files:
Another solution to tackle the FNAF Security Breach shuttering or not launching issue is checking the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam launcher and move to its LIBRARY.
- Then from the list, select and right-click on FNAF Security Breach and select its Properties.
- Inside the Properties window, select Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, restart the system and check now your game is shuttering or not.
Fix 4: You can Launch the Game in DirectX 11:
Sometimes running the game in DirectX 11 might help you to resolve the Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach Crashing or freezing issue. to do so,
- Firstly, you need to launch Steam and open its Library.
- Then select Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach, then right-click over it.
- Now select the Properties option, and inside the newly opened window, select the General tab.
- Inside the General tab, in the text box under Launch Options, type -dx11 and save the changes.
- Now see the game running properly on your PC.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
If your Windows gets outdated, then also the Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach won’t launch on your PC smoothly. In this scenario, you need to update your Windows and check for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings window by pressing the Window key + I altogether.
- Then select Windows Update from the top right side of the screen.
- Inside the new screen, click on Check for updates option and let the process complete on its own.
- Finally, check you can play the game on your PC.
Fix 6: Disable Overlay:
The Overlay might sometimes interfere with your games and cause crashing or won’t launch issues. Here you need to do is disable the overlays. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and select the Settings icon from the top right side of the screen.
- Then select In-game Overlay and toggle off beside the same to disable it.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Overlay from the options.
- Inside the newly opened screen, select Enable in-game Overlay and toggle off beside the same to deactivate it.
- Finally, check now your game is running smoothly on your PC.
Fix 7: Download Visual C++ Distributable:
As per some suffered users, installing the Visual C++ Distributable helped them to resolve the crashing and shuttering issue in Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach. You can also try the same tick on your system and check for improvement.
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft download page.
- Click on the X64 and X86 links to download both files.
- Then open the executable files and follow the on-screen instruction to reinstall the files and see whether the issue is resolved.
Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot:
Sometimes any apps/services installed on your system might be interfering with your Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach and cause crashing or freezing issues. The best possible solution here is to identify corrupted apps and uninstall them from the system. To do so,
- Firstly, type System Configuration in your taskbar search box and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the System Configuration screen, select the Services tab and tick the option beside Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then click on Disable all button and press on OK button.
- And move to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Now inside the Task Manager, select all the Services and disable all.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check if it is crashing or freezing.
- If not, then go to System Configuration again and enable the disabled services one after the another until you identify the corrupted one.
- When you find the damaged one causing trouble to your game, uninstall it from your system.
- Check now the game is running properly on your PC.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to uninstall the game from your system and reinstall it from a reliable source. This trick helps to erase existing bugs and allow the game to start your system freshly.
So these are all the best possible solutions to fix Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach Crashing/Shuttering or Won’t Launching on your PC. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.