Farthest Frontier is an amazing survival game developed and published by Crate Entertainment. In the game, you are tasked with protecting and guiding your little group of settlers to forge a town out of the untamed wilderness at the edge of the known world. But unfortunately, a few players reported that they are unable to run the game on their system due to crashing and shuttering issues.
There can be several reasons for the same issues, such as missing game files, corrupted drivers and many more. If you are also suffering from Farthest Frontier crashing issue or the game even not launching on your PC, then you can follow this article. Here we have listed some helpful solutions to solve your dire problem quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the Latest Game Patch
- Disable your Antivirus
- Close unwanted background App/ Services
- Lower graphics settings
- Check System Requirement
These are the basic strategies you can try to solve your problem, if these solutions don’t help you, you can follow the detailed solutions given-below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first step to resolving the Farthest Frontier crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Farthest Frontier installation folder->right-click on the Farthest Frontier.exe file->select Properties-> select Compatibility tab-> tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, save the changes and run the game again to see the result.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets damaged, then the game won’t launch on your system. In this situation, update the driver you are currently using and see its improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager screen->expand Display adapters->right-click on your Graphics driver->select the Update Driver option.
- Once done, restart the system and launch the game again on your system.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes corrupted game files can cause the game to crash or lag at the startup screen. In this case, you need to check the game files integrity as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Farthest Frontier icon->choose Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, launch the game again on your system and see its performance.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
- Open Discord->Settings icon->Overlay->turn on Enable in-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->Settings icon->turn on In-game Overlay option.
- Once done, you can start the game again on your system.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Sometimes updating your Windows operating system will allow you to run the game without any trouble. To do so,
- Firstly, open Settings->Windows update->Check for updates and complete the process.
- Once done, you can run the game again on your system and feel the improvement.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable might help you to resolve Farthest Frontier crashing or Low FPS issues. To do so,
- Open your browser->go to Visual C++ Redistributable webpage-> select x64, x86 files-> download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
If you don’t have the DirectX package on your system, you need to install it and launch the game again. To do so,
- Open your browser-> go to DirectX webpage-> select Language->click Download.
- Once the package is installed on your system, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
Another main reason for the crashing or black screen issue in Farthest Frontier is the enabled Overclocking feature. In this case, you need to disable the Overclocking and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Disable VSync
In some cases, disabling the VSync option is an easy way to get rid of the crashing or not launching problem in Farthest Frontier. To do so
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync->then disable the Sync option.
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync->turn off VSync option.
- Once done, you can launch the game again and see its performance.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
As a last resort to resolve the same issue, you can uninstall the game from your system. Once done, restart the system, reinstall the game from a relevant source and start the game again.
These are all about the Farthest Frontier Crashing/ Lagging/ Freezing/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.