Far Cry 6 is an adventurous first shooter video game published by Ubisoft. The game is now available in Xbox Series X and Series S, Amazon Luna, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia and Microsoft Windows platforms. However, shortly after its official release, many players pointing out that the Far Cry 6 is Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, won’t launching properly etc.
There are several reasons for the same issue, but now we need to think about how we can overcome these basic issues. Anyway, in this article, we have gathered some sure solutions to tackle most of the current reported issues. If you are also suffering from the Far Cry 5 crashing issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Xbox Series X/S and PC, then you can follow this article. Let’s look into the details of the sure solutions.
System Requirements:Some Workarounds:
- Make sure you have stable and steady Internet connectivity.
- Restart your console/game and PC.
- Ensure unnecessary apps/programs are not running in the background.
- Lower the Graphics settings.
- Update your Windows.
If all of the above workarounds do not help in your case, then you need to move on to the definitive solution listed below.
Fix 1: Launch the game with Administrative Access:
As a first attempt to resolve the Far Cry 6 Crashing and Freezing issue, is launching the game with administrator access. To run the game with administrator access, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the Far Cry 6 installation folder, right-click on the Far Cry 6.exe file and select its Properties option.
- Then in the Far Cry 6.exe window, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click on the OK button.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 2: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If any of your game files are missing or damaged, Far Cry 6 will crash, or a black screen will appear when you launch the game. The best solution here is to check the integrity of the game files.
To do so,
Verify the game through Ubisoft Connect:
- Firstly, launch the Ubisoft Connect.
- Then choose the Games option and click on Far Cry 6.
- Now select its Properties.
- And click on Local Files in the newly opened screen and click on Verify Files option.
Verify the game files through Epic Launcher:
- Firstly, launch the Epic Launcher and go to the Library.
- Then select Far Cry 6 from the list of games.
- Now besides the Launch icon, click on the Settings (three dots) option.
- And click on Verify option to check the integrity of game files.
- Once done, restart the launcher and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay:
Another solution to get rid of the Far Cry 6 crashing or freezing issue is Disabling the Ubisoft Connect overlay. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Ubisoft Connect and go to Settings.
- Then from the left pane, click on General and untick the checkbox beside the option Enable in-game overlay for supported games from the right side of the screen.
Fix 4: Update Graphics Driver:
In case the graphic driver installed on your system gets corrupted or missing, then also the Far Cry 6 will crash on your system. In this scenario, you need to update the driver.
You can update the driver manually and automatically. To update manually, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to your Driver manufacture’s official website (NVIDIA, AMD).
- Then search for the latest version driver compatible with your system.
- Once found, download and install it on your system. Now the same issue will get resolved for you.
If the manual updating process is time consuming and difficult to follow, you can update the driver with the help of an automatic driver update tool. There are many such tools available online, and you can choose the one you trust from them.
Fix 5: Run the CPU and GPU at Default Clock Speeds:
If you are using an overclocked CPU or GPU, switch to the default clock speed. Sometimes an overclocked processor or GPU can cause game crashes and lagging problems. This happens because the CPU / GPU is unable to draw enough power from the power supply unit.
Fix 6: Disable VSync:
Some suffered users finally escaped from the Far Cry 6 crashing and fatal error issue by disabling VSync. To disable VSync, you can follow these below steps,
For NVIDIA users,
- Firstly, type NVIDIA Control Panel in the taskbar search box and open the first search result.
- Then click on Manage 3D Settings and click on the Virtual Sync option.
- Then in the Virtual Sync screen, you can enable and disable the Sync option.
For IntelHD graphics users,
- Firstly, type the IntelHD graphics control panel in the taskbar search box and open the first search result.
- Then in the Control panel menu, select the option 3D General Settings and choose Custom Settings.
- Now click on the Virtual Sync and toggle On or Off to enable and disable the VSync option.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 7: Perform System Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to clean boot your system. While clean booting your system, your computer will run with minimum services and applications. To do so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type ‘system configuration‘ and launch the first search result.
- Now in the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and tick beside the option Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all tab and OK.
- Then move to the Startup tab from the top horizontal menu and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab, select all startup services from the list, and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not. If yes, then again go to the System Configuration window, select the Services tab and enable all the services one by one until you find the problematic item from the list. Once found, remove it from your system permanently.
- Now check for improvement.
Few additional solutions:
- If your system has an integrated and dedicated GPU, be sure to use a dedicated GPU to run the Far Cry 6 game.
- You can temporarily disable antivirus on your system. Sometimes antivirus will interrupt your game and lead to crashing and freezing issues.
- Maybe the problem is with your game installation process. If something goes wrong while installing the game on your system, the game will crash and freeze. Here you need to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Sometimes this problem is related to your game consoles, where you need to restart on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Xbox Series X / S to avoid all the problems.
- You can also perform an SFC scan on your system to repair corrupted system files.
So these are all about the Far Cry 6 Crashing and Freezing issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Xbox Series X/S and PC and its sure solutions. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.