Evil Dead: The game is a multiplayer survival game based on the Evil Dead horror movie. In the game, players can play the role of Ash Williams or his friends in a team of four survivors against a fifth player who controls a Kandarian devil who tries to swallow the souls of the survivors. But the biggest crises players face when trying to play the game is crashing and shuttering issue.
There can be several reasons for the same issues, and at the same time, few solutions are available there to resume the game without any issues. If you’re having trouble with Evil Dead: The Game crashing or not launching issue, you can go through this article and apply the solutions listed below to see which one is helpful to you. Then let’s have a look.
- Check Internet connection
- Close unwanted apps/programs running in the background
- Install the latest game patch
- Check System requirements
If you have applied the above tricks, but none of them help you, you need to go to the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Launch As Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the Evil Dead: The Game crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Evil Dead: The Game installation folder then right-clicks on the Evil Dead: The Game.exe file and select the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the next window, choose the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox next to the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, restart the system, relaunch the game and see if this fix helped you or not.
Fix 2: Update Drivers
If your graphics driver gets corrupted or outdated, you will not be able to run Evil Dead: The Game on your system. In this case, the graphics driver and other drivers installed on your system need to be updated. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager on your system and expand the option Display adapters.
- Then choose and right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
- Finally, restart the system and see if the said issue is resolved this time.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files Integrity
Sometimes checking the integrity of game files might allow you to run Evil Dead: The Game without crashing or lagging issues. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your Epic Game Launcher, move to the Library and choose the Evil Dead: The Game icon.
- Then click on the three horizontal dots beside the game icon and select the Verify option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the issues are fixed for you or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
At times enabled overlays might be causing crashing or not launching issues in Evil Dead: The Game. Here you need to disable overlays and resume the gameplay. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Launch GeForce Experience, click on the Settings icon and choose the Turn off In-game overlay option.
- Launch Discord, click on the Settings icon, select the Overlay option, and Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update Windows
The most important thing you need to check is whether or not your Windows has been updated. If not, it can cause a lot of problems and affect the performance of your game. So, you need to keep your Windows up to date. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu, and you need to choose the Windows Update option.
- Then click on the Check for updates tab and complete the entire process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the issues are fixed or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
Another solution to overcome the Evil Dead: The Game crashing or Black screen issue is disabling the overclocking feature. Overclocking helps to increase the performance of the game, but sometimes it can adversely affect the game and lead to many problems.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
At times games with high graphics are not compatible with your system and can lead to many issues. In this case, you need to go to the Graphics menu and lower all the settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
In most cases, simply installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will help you to resolve the Evil Dead: The Game crashing or Low FPS issue. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your browser and go to the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- From there, click on the x64 and x86 files and download and install them on your system.
- Once done, now relaunch the game and see if the issues are resolved or not.
Fix 9: Install DirectX
If you encounter the Crashing or freezing issue in Evil Dead: The Game, then you need to install the latest version of DirectX and see the difference. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your browser and move to the DirectX download page.
- There choose your language and click on the Download button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if this fix helped you or not.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above fixes help you, then you need to uninstall the game from your system. Once done, restart the system, install the game again, and see the improvement.
These are all about the Evil Dead: The Game Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.