ELEX 2 is a vintage open-world role-playing game developed by Piranha Bytes, the creators of the Gothic and Risen series. Within hours of the release of ELEX 2, several players pointed out some issues. According to some players, they are not able to start the game due to a crashing or freezing issue.
There might be several reasons for the same issues, including corrupted game files, outdated drivers and many more. Sometimes solving these issues is simple in every way. If you are also suffering from the ELEX 2 crashing or lagging or black screen or won’t launching issue, then you can pursue this article to get all the possible solutions quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Disable Antivirus
- Check network connection
- End all unnecessary services/programs running in the background
- Restart system and game
- System requirement
Fix 1: Run as Administrator:
As a first try to resolve the ELEX 2 crashing or freezing issue is launching the game with administrator access. To do so,
- Firstly, open the ELEX II installation folder and right-click over the ELEX II.exe file and then click on the Properties option.
- Then on the newly opened window, select the Compatibility tab, and under the Settings section, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the improvement in the game’s performance.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
In most cases, broken Graphics driver might be the main reason for the ELEX 2 crashing or lagging issue. To sort out this issue, you need to update the driver. To do so,
- Firstly, you should type ‘device’ in your search box and open the Device Manager window from the search result.
- Inside the new window, expand the section Display adapters and right-click on the driver you need to update.
- Then choose the Update driver option from the drop-down menu and see the changes.
If you are not comfortable with this manual process, you can rely on any third-party automatic driver update tool. There are a bunch of such tools available online, and you can choose the one you trust.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity:
Sometimes few game files get corrupted during the installation process and won’t allow you to launch the game properly. In this case, you can simply verify the integrity of game files to escape from the same. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and choose its Library menu from the home screen.
- Inside Library, right-click on your ELEX II and select the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the newly appeared screen, select the Local Files from the left pane and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Finally, relaunch the game and run the game smoothly.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
If the overlay is enabled to enhance the performance of your game, then you need to disable the overlays to avoid crashing or black screen issues in ELEX 2. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience clicks on its Settings icon from the top right side of the window.
- On the next screen, disable the toggle beside the In-game overlay.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on its Settings icon from the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, choose the Overlay option, and from the right side, disable the toggle beside Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
To avoid crashing or shuttering issues on ELEX 2, you need to make sure your Windows is up to date; otherwise, it may lead to similar issues. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘settings’ in your search box and open the Settings menu from the search result.
- Inside the Settings menu, click on the Windows Update section and choose the Check for updates button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the game’s improvement.
Fix 6: Reinstall Visual C++:
Another solution to overcome the ELEX 2 crashing or freezing issue is reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable. To do so,
- Firstly, go to Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable page using your web browser.
- From there, select X64 and X86 files, then download and install them on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the difference in your game’s performance.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings:
If you find your ELEX 2 struggling to run smoothly on your PC, then you should change the graphics settings for better performance. Go to Game Graphics Settings and lower all settings.
Fix 8: Update Game Console:
Sometimes updating your game consoles can help you achieve a better gaming experience. When you do, your console will work with the latest update, which fixes bugs and glitches in the game.
Fix 9: Reinstall Game:
If none of the above fixes help you, you can uninstall the game and all related files from your system and reinstall the game from a trusted source.
At the end of this article, we hope you have resolved the ELEX 2 Crashing/Freezing/Lagging/Black Screen or Won’t Launch on PC quickly. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.