Finally, the Elden Ring was released on all platforms with much anticipation. But unfortunately, some players are not happy with the game because they could not enjoy the game as a result of the white screen crashing issue on the PC. As per some players, when they try to run the game, they end up on a white screen and are helpless to go any further.
The same issue seems to be very common in recent online games, and there are various tricks available for it. If you are also struggling with the Elden Ring White Screen Crashing issue on PC, you can follow this article to get all the possible solutions. So, let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart PC and Game:
Restarting your system and game is the first step in resolving the white screen crash issue in the Elden Ring. When you do, your system will start freshly without any glitches or errors.
Fix 2: Reinstall Epic Games Launcher:
Sometimes reinstalling the Epic Games Launcher might help you resolve the Elden Ring White Screen Crash on the system easily. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings app on your desktop.
- Then select the Apps from the next screen and click on the Apps and features option.
- From the list of apps, select the Epic Games Launcher and click on Uninstall tab to remove the launcher from the system.
- Once done, go to the official website of Epic Games Launcher to download and install the latest version on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and feel the difference.
Fix 3: Update Driver:
If your Dedicated Graphics driver gets damaged, then you will run into a White Screen Crashing issue in Elden Ring. The best effective fix for this is updating the driver as quickly as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, type device manager in your system search box and open the top result from the search.
- Then expand the Display adapters section and select your dedicated Graphics driver.
- Right-click on the select driver, and from the drop-down menu, choose the Update driver option.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue is still disturbing you or not.
Fix 4: Run Dedicated Graphics Driver:
Another solution to eliminate the White Screen Crashing issue in Elden Ring is running a dedicated graphics card. To do so,
- Firstly, type Graphics setting in the desktop search box and open the relevant search result.
- On the next screen, click on the Browse button and go to Elden Ring installation folder.
- There, select the eldenring.exe file to add it to the list.
- Now go back to the Graphics settings window and select Elden Ring from the list; click on its Options tab.
- Then in the Graphics preference prompt, choose the High Performance and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system, relaunch the game and see this change helped you or not.
Fix 5: Disconnect USB and External Devices:
If you encounter the Elden Ring White Screen Crash on your PC, then you may need to remove all USB and external devices from your system. After unplugging external devices such as a USB drive, printer, keyboard, and mouse, restart the game and see if this trick helps you.
Fix 6: Update Windows:
The next possible solution to overcome the Elden Ring White Screen Crash on PC is to check for the Windows update. If your Windows is not up to date, then also you will encounter the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows +I to open the Settings menu on your system desktop.
- Then you can select the Windows Update option from the newly opened screen.
- Now click on Check for updates button to continue the update process.
- Finally, restart the system and check the issue eliminated from your game.
Fix 7: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable:
In some cases, reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable will make you able to isolate the Elden Ring White Screen Crash on PC issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable download page.
- Then select X64 and X86 files and download and install them on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and mark the differences.
Fix 8: Disable Steam Overlay:
At times, simply disabling the Steam Overlay may help you escape from the Elden Ring White Screen Crash on PC issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and enter into its Library section.
- Then right-click on the Elden Ring and choose the Properties option.
- On the next screen, select the General tab and untick the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and continue to play the game.
Fix 9: Disable Overlays:
Overlay helps to provide better game performance, but sometimes this can adversely affect the smooth running of the game. So you need to disable overlays like Discord and GeForce Experience from the system and check for the said issue.
Fix 10: Check Game Files Integrity:
If any game files get damaged for no apparent reason, you will run into the same issue. In this case, you should check the game files’ integrity. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and expand the Library section.
- In the newly opened screen, select and right-click over Elden Ring and click its Properties.
- Then select the Local Files from the next screen and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Finally, the said issue might get erased from your game.
These are the top fixes for the Elden Ring White Screen Crash on PC. In addition to all these, you can check your internet connectivity speed. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.