The Elden Ring is now available for the public to download and enjoy its most exciting features and thrilling experience. However, some of Elden Ring’s big fans complain about the Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies issue, which is very annoying and prevent players from exploring the game.
If you are also suffering from the same issue, then you are in the right place. In this article, we will show you how to deal with the Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies issue quickly and easily. So, let us go to the guaranteed solutions listed below without wasting too much time.
Fix 1: Run a Dedicated Graphics Card:
The first step to resolve the Elden Ring Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies error is running the dedicated Graphics card. To do so,
- Firstly, type Graphics settings in your Windows search box and open the top result.
- Inside the new screen, click on the Browse button from the left side of the screen.
- If you reach the Elden Ring installation folder, select eldenring.exe file to add the game to the list.
- Then in the Graphics Settings app list, locate and select Elden Ring and click on the Options.
- In the newly opened Graphics preference prompt, select the High Performance and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system and see the changes removed the error from your game.
Fix 2: Check Game Files Integrity:
If any game files get damaged during the installation, you will encounter the Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies issue. The ideal solution here is checking the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and expand its Library section.
- Then choose and right-click on the Elden Ring and select the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the next screen, select the Local Files option and click over the Verify integrity of game files from the right side of the screen.
- Finally, restart the system and see how this change affected your game.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver:
Sometimes simply updating your dedicated Graphics driver might help you to get rid of the Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type device manager in your Windows search box and launch the top result.
- Then expand the section Display adapters and select your dedicated driver.
- Right-click on the selected Graphics driver (AMD/NVIDIA) and choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- If the issue persists, then you need to click on Uninstall driver (AMD/NVIDIA) and go to the Manufacturer’s official webpage and install the latest version of the driver.
- Finally, restart the system and see the error reappearing on your screen.
Fix 4: Launch in Windowed Mode:
At times, launching the game in Windowed mode might help you to resolve the Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Elden Ring and move to the System.
- Then select Graphics Settings and set Screen mode to Windowed mode, save the changes, relaunch the game, and see the result.
Fix 5: Lower Resolution:
You also need to change the resolution settings to lower to escape from the same issue. Once done, restart the game and see if the issue is resolved.
These are the top fixes for the Elden Ring Flickering Black Boxes/Squares & Invisible Enemies issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.