Elden Ring is currently facing a lot of problems, and the game developer is working hard to solve them. One of the recently reported issues is the black screen error, and players are clueless about how to deal with the same issue. As per some players, they end up on a black screen during the gameplay, and the game crashes unexpectedly.
If you’re also facing the black screen issue in your Elden Ring, you can follow this article to the end to get the most out of it. As you go through this article, we are confident that you will get all the possible solutions to resolve this issue expeditiously. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Update Driver:
The first attempt to resolve the black screen issue in Elden Ring is to update your Graphics driver. If your Graphics driver gets outdated or damaged, it may affect the performance of your games. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your search box and open the top search result.
- In the newly opened window, double-click on the Display adapters to expand it.
- Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver and click on the Update driver.
- Finally, restart the system and see the black screen issue resolved.
Fix 2: Check Game Files Integrity:
If any game files are damaged during the game installation process, you may encounter a black screen issue while trying to run the game. To resolve this issue, you need to check the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and go to the Library section.
- Then choose and right-click on your Elden Ring from the game lists.
- On the next screen, choose the Local Files section and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Finally, restart the system and see the black screen issue resolved for you.
Fix 3: Update Windows:
If your Windows is outdated, you’ll have a black screen issue with the Elden Ring. The ideal solution here is to update your operating system as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Settings menu on your computer screen.
- Then select the Windows Update option and click on Check for updates button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the black screen issue eliminated for you.
Fix 4: Exit Steam Client:
Another solution to the Elden Ring black screen issue is to completely exit the Steam client and leave it for a few seconds. Then, after a while, restart Steam, try rerunning the game, and check the problem.
Fix 5: Unplug all the External Components:
Sometimes disconnecting all externally connected devices from your system may help you troubleshoot the Elden Ring black screen issue. It would help if you disconnected the HDMI cables, mouse, printer, etc. Once done, restart the system and try again to run the game and see the result.
Fix 6: Close Unwanted App/Services Running in the Background:
In most cases, unwanted apps/services running in the background can interfere with the game and lead to various issues such as black screen, crashing and shuttering. Therefore, before starting the game, you need to make sure that any unwanted apps or services are not running in the background to avoid these issues.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not fix your black screen issue, you need to uninstall the game and reinstall it from the relevant source.
So, these are all about the Elden Ring Black Screen error and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.