Dune: Spice Wars is a recently launched 4X live strategy game developed by Shiro Games. The game is set in the shattered universe of Frank Herbert, where players are allowed to lead a battle to gain control and dominance over the fierce planet of Arrakis. But few players reported that the game could not run due to crashing and shutter issues.
There might be several reasons for the same issues, such as damaged graphics driver, game files and many more. If you are also suffering the same issues and looking for a reliable solution, then you can follow this article to get all the possible solutions. Then without further ado, we can move on to the detailed solutions.
- Close unnecessary background running apps/services
- Install the latest game patch
- Temporarily disable Antivirus
- Check internet connection
- Check system requirements
Fix 1: Launch as Administrator
Launching the game with admin access is the first attempt to run the Dune: Spice Wars without the crashing or shuttering issue. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Dune: Spice Wars installation folder, right-click on the Dune: Spice Wars.exe file and choose the Properties from the option list.
- Inside the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab from the top horizontal menu and under the Settings category, tick the check box Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, save the changes and relaunch the game without any issues.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes corrupted Graphics driver might be the main cause for the Dune: Spice Wars crashing or not launching issue. The best effective solution for this issue is to update your driver. To do so,
- Firstly type “device” in your search box, and from the search list, launch the Device Manager window.
- On the next screen, expand the Display adapters section and choose your Graphics Driver.
- Then right-click over the chosen driver and select the Update driver option.
- Finally, restart the system and see the game’s improvement in your system.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
If any game files get damaged, then the Dune: Spice Wars will crash or freeze at the startup screen. In this case, you should verify the game files’ integrity to escape from these issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and go to the Library menu.
- Inside the Library, select and right-click over Dune: Spice Wars and select the Properties.
- In the newly opened screen, select the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files from the right pane menu.
- Finally, restart the system and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In most cases, enabled overlays might be the main reason for the game’s crashing or black screen issue. Here you can quickly get rid of the same problem by disabling the overlay feature.
In GeForce Experience,
- Launch GeForce Experience-> Settings icon->Turn off In-game overlay.
- Launch Discord-> Settings icon->Overlay-> Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
At times reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable latest package might help you to resolve the Dune: Spice Wars crashing or lagging issue. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the browser and go to the Visual C++ Redistributable download page.
- On the new screen, click on the x64 and x86 files, and download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the issue again irritating you.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
If you encounter a black screen issue in your Dune: Spice Wars, you need to install the DirectX as soon as possible to resolve the same. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the browser and go to the Microsoft DirectX download page.
- Then click on the Download button and install it quickly on your system.
- Finally, restart the system, launch the game and play without any trouble.
Fix 7: Update Windows
If you fail to update your Windows, it will affect the performance of the system and cause many problems. In this case, you need to update your Windows OS to the latest version for your system to run smoothly. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu and click on the Windows Update option.
- In the newly appeared screen, click on the Check for updates button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check you can run the game without any issues.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
Another solution to overcome the Dune: Spice Wars crashing or not launching issue is lowering all the graphics settings. You can go to the Graphics settings page, lower all the settings in the list, as well as try to activate Windowed Mode.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If all of the above solutions have been filed in your case, you need to uninstall the game completely. Once done, download and reinstall the game from a trusted source.
These are all about the Dune: Spice Wars Crashing, Freezing, Lagging or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.