Dread Hunger is an action thriller roleplaying video game of survival and betrayal. In the game, players can undertake a dangerous voyage on a wrecked sailing ship. However, some players recently complained they encountered a crashing, freezing issue in Dread Hunger; sometimes, the game is not launching properly.
There might be several reasons for the same issues, such as Updated drivers, corrupted system files and many more. If you are also encountering the same issues, then you follow this article to get all the possible solutions. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure unnecessary programs/apps are not running in the background.
- You need to have a stable internet connection to run the game without any interruption.
- Temporarily disable your Antivirus
- Deactivate overclocking.
- Check the system requirement to run Dread Hunger on your PC.
Fix 1: Run the game with Administrative Privilege:
You can launch the Dread Hunger with administrative access as a first attempt to resolve the crashing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Dread Hunger installation folder, right-click on the Dread Hunger 7.exe file and select its Properties option.
- Then in the Dread Hunger.exe window, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox next to Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click the OK button.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the game crashing again.
Fix: 2: You can Verify Integrity of Game Files:
If any game files are corrupted or outdated, Dread Hunger might crash in the gameplay. The best effective solution here is to check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and move on to the LIBRARY section.
- Then from the list, select and right-click over Dread Hunger and click on Properties.
- On the next screen, select the Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see it crashes again or not.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver:
If the graphics driver installed on your system is corrupted or outdated, then the game hesitates to launch properly on your system. The effective solution for this is updating your graphics driver. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ in the search box and select the Device Manager window from the search result.
- Then in the Device Manager screen, double-click on the Display adapters section to expand it.
- Right-click on the Graphics driver you need to update and click on the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- You can move on to the Manufacture’s official website of your Graphics driver (AMD, NVIDIA) through your web browser.
- Then locate and choose the latest driver suitable for your system; once found, download and install it on your system quickly.
If the above mentioned manual updating process is difficult to follow, then you can rely on any third-party automatic driver updating tool. Several updating tools are available online; select a reliable one among them.
Fix 4: Disable VSync:
Another possible solution to tackle the Dread Hunger crashing issue is disabling the VSync. To do so,
For NVIDIA users,
- Firstly, type ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ in your search box and open the top result from the search list.
- Now select the Manage 3D Settings and then click on the Virtual Sync option.
- Inside the Virtual Sync screen, you can disable the Sync option.
For IntelHD graphics users,
- Firstly, type ‘IntelHD graphics control panel’ in your search box and launch the relevant search result.
- Then inside the Control panel menu, choose the 3D General Settings and click on Custom Settings.
- Now click on the Virtual Sync and toggle Off to disable the VSync option.
Fix 5: Launch the Game in DirectX 11:
Sometimes simply launching the game DirectX 11 might help you to get rid of the Dread Hunger crashing issue. The same trick helped some suffered users, so we recommend the same here. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and select its LIBRARY section.
- Inside the Library, select and right-click on the Dread Hunger and select Properties from the sub-menu.
- On the next window, choose the GENERAL tab, and under the Launch Options, you need to type -dx11 .
- Then follow the on-screen directions to complete the launching process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see it again crashing or not.
Fix 6: Turn off Overlays:
The activated Overlays can probably be the main culprit for the Dread Hunger Crashing and not launching issue. The best effective solution here is to disable the Overlay. To do so,
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience on your system, and then select the Settings icon. (cogwheel icon)
- Then from the right side of the screen, toggle off next to the In-game overlay option
- Firstly, launch Discord and click on the Settings icon. (cogwheel icon)
- On the next screen, click on the Overlay option.
- Then from the right side of the same screen, toggle off beside the Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 7: Update Windows:
If you miss updating your windows for a long time, it will affect the performance of the system and the gameplay as well. The perfect solution here is updating your Windows as early as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to launch the Settings menu on your screen.
- Inside the Settings window, select the Windows Update option.
- Now click on Check for updates tab and wait to complete the upgradation process.
- Finally, restart the system and check now the gaming is crashing or not.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game:
If you are still encountering crashing and shuttering issues, you need to uninstall the game and reinstall it from its official web page. This process helps you to launch the game without any errors.
Fix 9: Perform System Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to perform a clean boot to escape from the existing issues. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘system configuration‘ in the search box and launch the top result from the search result.
- Inside the System Configuration window, select the Services tab from the top horizontal menu, tick the checkbox beside Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all and OK button.
- Further, move on to the Startup tab, and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Select the Startup tab on the Task Manager screen, choose all startup services from the list, and Disable them entirely.
- Once done, restart the system and see the discussed issue get resolved for you. If yes, then again open the System Configuration window-> Services-> Enable all the services one after another till you find the problematic service. Once found, remove that service from your system permanently.
So this is all about the Dread Hunger crashing, shuttering, freezing issues, and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.