The release of the much-awaited Disgaea 6 Complete on PlayStation 4/5 and PC is a great celebration for all gaming lovers. In the game, you can join Zed’s quest to destroy the God of Destruction in the latest episode of the SRPG series Disgaea. As well as, you can team up with the Zany cast for one HL of an adventure and use specialized abilities like Super Reincarnation to fight your way to success. But few players report that the game cannot get started due to crashing and lagging issues.
The same issues can have different causes, but overcoming such issues is like taking on the challenges in the game. If you are also suffering from the Disgaea 6 Complete Crashing or not launching issue, then you can go through this article to get all the possible solutions to resolve them. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable unnecessary background apps
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Check internet connection
- Check System Requirement
If none of the solutions listed above helps you to get rid of your problems, you can go to the detailed solutions mentioned below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The prime step to resolve the Disgaea 6 Complete crashing or not launching issue is launching the game with all administrator privileges. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Disgaea 6 Complete installation folder, right-click on the Disgaea 6 Complete.exe file, and click on the Properties option.
- On the following screen, select the Compatability tab from the top bar and tick beside the Run this program as an administrator checkbox, and click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Once done, launch the game again and see if the issue is resolved in your case.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If the graphics driver gets damaged or missing from your system, you may encounter a crashing or freezing issue while attempting to launch Disgaea 6 Complete. The best option here is to check your driver and update it to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, type “device” in your desktop search box and open the Device Manager window from the result.
- Then expand the section Display adapters and choose your Graphics driver from the list.
- Now right-click on the driver, choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu and continue the process.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the issue persists again on your system.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes corrupted game files can lead to similar issues and prevent you from launching or running the game. In this case, you can check the integrity of the game files and see the improvements. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and go to the Library section, right-click on the Disgaea 6 Complete icon and choose the Properties option.
- Then choose the Local Files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the issue is resolved in your case.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In most cases, enabled overlays may be the main cause of the Disgaea 6 Complete crashing or lagging problem on your PC. Here disabling the overlays feature is the best option to escape from the same.
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and choose its Settings icon from the screen.
- On the following screen, simply Turn off In-game overlay feature and see the result.
- Firstly, open Discord, and choose its Settings icon from the screen.
- On the following screen, click on the Overlay option and simply Turn Off Enable in-game overlay feature and see the result.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Sometimes outdated Windows operating systems can cause similar problems and cause your system to crash. In this case, you can update your Windows to the latest version and find its improvements. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether, open the Settings menu, and click on the Windows update option.
- Then you should click on the Check for updates tab and complete the entire process.
- Once completed, start the game and see its performance.
Fix 6: Turn off Overclocking
In some cases, the enabled overclocking feature would allow Disgaea 6 Complete to run faster than it was designed to, leading to crashes or black screen issues. In this case, disabling overclocking will let you play the game without any problems.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to overcome Disgaea 6 Complete crashing or not launching issue is reinstalling the Visual C++Redistributable tool on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the browser and move on to the Visual C++ Redistributable webpage.
- Then click and download x64 and x86 files on your system.
- Now install the downloaded files and see if the issue is eliminated or exists on your game.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
If your Disgaea 6 Complete has a crash or a low FPS issue, it could be due to a lack of the latest DirectX. In this case, you need to install the latest version of DirectX on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the browser and move on to the DirectX page.
- Then choose your Language, click on the Download button and install it on your system.
- Once done, launch the game and check whether the said issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your system is unable to handle the high visual effects and graphics of your game, you may experience freezing or crashing problems. The best solution here is to enter the game’s Graphics Settings, reduce all settings in the list, and select Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If all of the above solutions fail in your case, you may need to uninstall the game and associated files from your system. Once done, reinstall the game from a trusted source and see if the problem is solved.
These are all about the Disgaea 6 Complete Crashing/Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.