A common issue experienced by Call Of Duty Modern Warfare players is the DirectX error. The error usually appears when trying to load the game or, occasionally, even while playing battle royale. So, you are here the reason is evident that you are looking for ways to fix the “DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error” problem. Continue reading this article until the end to find out how to resolve the issue!
Introduction to the DirectX unrecoverable error
In most cases, outdated or corrupt graphics drivers are to blame for DirectX encountering this unrecoverable error. Further, it is crucial to note that there is no connection between the game servers and the error, and is solely caused due to DirectX-related issues.
You can resolve this issue by updating your graphics drivers. If you are unsure about the latest drivers for your computer model, visit the website of your driver manufacturer and download them.
Moreover, finding the most suitable fix will be easier if you are familiar with the possible causes behind DirectX encountering an unrecoverable error. Some of the most common causes of this error are listed below
What are the possible causes for “DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error?”
It’s important to understand why you’re seeing the “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” message. This will help you figure out the best way to fix it. Let’s take a closer look at a few common reasons why this error shows up:
- Missing or broken game files
- Insufficient system needs
- Old version of DirectX
- Software conflicts
- Inadequate display settings
- Hardware malfunction
- Old or incompatible graphic card drivers
Ways to Resolve DirectX “Encountered an unrecoverable error” error in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare
Here are some ways to Fix DirectX “Encountered an unrecoverable error” error in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare:-
Fix 1: Install the Latest game Patch
If you play games, you might be familiar with the concept of patch updates, but you may not be familiar with how they work. The same goes with this DirectX issue as well. Any issues or bugs that surfaced following the release of a game or an update will typically be corrected through patch updates.
By installing these patches, you will be able to play your game without experiencing any issues. Make sure to check for and install any game updates. It is recommended to use Steam or Epic Game Launcher to download and install the latest patch
Fix 2: Delete the Outdated Game Files & Cache
The unrecoverable error can also be fixed if the game’s cache is removed and its settings are refreshed. Caches can be deleted by following these steps:
- First, shutdown COD Warzone and Battle.net.
- Inside File Explorer, copy and paste this path, C:/Users/[your name]/Documents/Call of Duty Modern Warfare in the address bar. Ensure your PC’s name is displayed in place of [your name].
- All the folders found here should be copied to another folder. If you have troubleshooting errors later or wish to restore your game’s cache, this will serve as your backup.
- Delete all the files in the Call of Duty file explorer window after copying the game cache to another folder.
- Try starting COD Warzone again and see if the problem gets fixed.
By following these instructions, you might be able to tackle the Modern Warfare DirectX error and enjoy smoother gameplay.
Fix 3: Shut Unnecessary Software Programs
It’s good to know that some other computer programs might be causing issues with Blizzard launcher or Warzone. These issues can happen because of programs that interfere your computer’s operation or make your graphics card and processor run faster.
To stop these programs completely, you can use Task Manager.
- To find it, right-click on a blank part of your Taskbar and choose “Task Manager.“
- When the Task Manager opens, go to the “Processes” section and locate and right-click on the services that are causing trouble. Then, select “End task.”
- This makes sure those programs close down really quickly, which could help solve the problems they were causing.
- By doing this, you might make Blizzard launcher or Warzone work better and smoother.
- Later, you can check if the DirectX error or any other problems have gone away.
Fix 4: Update Graphic Card Driver
Call of Duty: Warzone relies heavily on your GPU, which is why you should pay attention to graphics card performance. If the GPU driver is outdated, it could cause problems like the Warzone DirectX error. Here’s how to make sure your graphics driver is new:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time. This will open up the Run dialog box.
- Type in “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter. This will open the Device Manager screen.
- Then click on “Display adapters.” This shows the driver for your graphics. Right-click on it and choose “Update driver.”
- Then, pick “Search automatically for drivers option”. This will find and put in the latest driver for your graphics all by itself.
Fix 5: Check System Requirements
To ensure that a game performs well on your computer, it must match your system configuration. If not, you might have issues like the DirectX error. Just know that every game needs a different minimum requirement to run smoothly. For example, here are the requirements your computer needs to have for Call of Duty:
To run Call of Duty smoothly on your PC, your system needs to comply with these minimum needs:
- A computer with an Intel Core i3 3225 or something like it.
- You should have 8 GB of memory (RAM) along with a strong internet connection.
- Make sure you have around 25 GB of space on your hard drive (HDD).
- For your graphics, something like an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB memory or a GTX 1050 would be good. If you’re using AMD, then a Radeon HD 7850 with 2GB or more is fine.
- Your computer should have DirectX version 11 or something that works just like it.
- You need a sound card that’s DirectX compatible.
If your computer doesn’t have what it requires, you might have problems. To solve the DirectX error, you might have to upgrade your PC.
Fix 6: Adjust Display Scaling Settings
If you’re dealing with a DirectX error while playing your game, adjusting your display settings might fix it.
Here’s what you can do if you’re using Windows 10:
- Press the Windows key +I together on your keyboard.
- In the Settings screen that pops up, choose “System.”
- Find the “Display” tab from the left side of the screen, select “100%” for “Scale and Layout.” This might resolve the error.
In this article we have provided possible causes for the error and also addressed the “Fix: DirectX ‘Encountered an unrecoverable error in Call of Duty Modern Warfare”. By adopting a few measures shared above in the article, gamers can assure a hassle-free gaming experience.