Digimon Survive is a thrilling visual novel and strategy RPG game developed by HYDE, Inc. The game is all about Takuma Momozuka’s survival from a mysterious world full of dangerous monsters and deadly battles. Unfortunately, quite a few players have complained that they are unable to run the game on their system and are much worried about it.
If you can’t join the survival journey of Takuma Momozuka and friends, then you’re in the right place. Anyway, in this article, we have collected a few solutions to overcome your Digimon Survive crashing or freezing issue quickly and effectively. Then without further ado, let’s move on to the quick fixes.
- Install the latest game patch
- Lower graphic settings
- Update Windows
- Disable Antivirus
- Check System Requirement
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
If your Digimon Survive crashes at the startup screen, it might be due to any incompatibility issues. Here you need to run the game with administrative privilege and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Digimon Survive installation folder, right-click on the Digimon Survive.exe file and choose its Properties.
- Then choose the Compatability tab and choose the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, restart the system and see if the game again crashing or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your Graphics driver is outdated or missing, then also you will encounter cashing or freezing issues in Digimon Survive. Here the best effective solution is updating your driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window and click and open the Display adapters option.
- Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver to choose the Update driver option and complete the process.
- Once done, restart the system and see if the gaming running smoothly or not.
Fix 3: Disable VSync
Sometimes disabling the VSync feature will help you resolve the Digimon Survive crashing or Shuttering issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the Manage 3D Settings and click on the Virtual Sync option.
- In the new screen, disable the VSync feature and see if the issue is resolved or not. If not, you can enable it.
- Firstly, open the IntelHD graphics Control Panel, select the 3D General Settings and click on Custom Settings.
- Then choose the Virtual Sync option and disable the same. If the issue does not solve, then you can enable it.
Fix 4: Check Game Files
At times damaged game files can cause crashing or lagging issues in Digimon Survive. The best solution here is to check the integrity of game files and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to its Library, select and right-click on Digimon Survive to choose the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Then click on the Local Files option, choose the Verify integrity of game files option and wait to complete the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if it runs smoothly on your system.
Fix 5: Disable Overlays
Overlays features are helpful for running high graphics games smoothly on your system but sometimes cause many problems. In this case, you need to disable the overlay feature and see the result.
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and click on the Settings menu button.
- On the new screen, turn off toggle near to In-game overlay option from the right-pane menu.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings menu button.
- Then choose the Overlay option and turn off Toggle near to Enable in-game overlay option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check if the issue persists or not.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to overcome the Digimon Survive crashing or Low FPS issue is installing the latest built Visual C++ Redistributable. To do so,
- Firstly, open your regular browser and move to the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then click on the x64 and x86 files, download and install them on your system and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
If your Digimon Survive crashes or a black screen appears on the screen, it might be because the DirectX package is missing. In this case, you need to install DirectX on your system as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open your regular browser and move to the DirectX page.
- Then choose the Language and click on the Download button from the new screen.
- Once done, restart the system and launch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
In most cases, disabling the overclocking feature will help you fix your game crashing or not launching problem. Overclocking features can make the game run faster on your system, but sometimes it can have a negative result and lead to a complex problem. In this case, you can disable Overclocking feature and see its improvement.
Fix 9: Perform System Clean Boot
You need to perform a clean boot to find any application or service that is preventing your game from launching properly on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, type “system configuration” in your search box and launch the top search result.
- Inside the new screen, choose the Services tab, and tick the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services, click on the OK button.
- Now go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link to continue.
- Inside the Task Manager, click on the Startup tab, choose all services in the list and click on Disable button.
- Once done, you can try again to start the game and see its improvement. If the issue is resolved, then you can enable early disabled Services one by one to find the problematic service and delete it from the system.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you need to uninstall the game completely from your system. Once done, download the game from the relevant source and reinstall it.
These are all about the Digimon Survive Crashing /Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.